Joe AA0BV, newest W6 Mountain Goat!

With a total of 350 activations, culminating in his activation of W6/ND-392 (and two other summits before that today!), Joe AA0BV has become the newest Mountain Goat out of the W6 Association!

Joe has been activating in and around the San Francisco Bay Area, California and beyond since 2016 and is always a pleasure to have around. He’s had many adventures on his way to Mountain Goat, including once spotting a mountain lion staking out a summit before he got there! Needless to say, he turned around.

Congratulations, Joe!

Rex KE6MT
W6 AM

13 Likes

Congrats Joe!

2 Likes

Congrats Joe!! Always a pleasure to QSO with you, and I am happy I was able to get you Today and give you the traditional “BAAA” :beers:

4 Likes

Congratulations Joe !!

2 Likes

Congratulations Joe on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

Congrats, Joe. Glad to be part of your journey, including many 23 cm contacts.

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS JOE. I AM GLAD TO HAVE WORKED YOU ON THIS MOMENTOUS OCCASION.
JACK L
KB7HH

2 Likes

Congratulations, Joe, on MG! FB es BAAA!

Andy, N4LAG

2 Likes

Congrat’s Joe!

John K8LJG
2 Likes

Thanks for the congratulations.
I give my great thanks to Ed, W1EJ who introduced me to SOTA one day over lunch in Petaluma. He introduced me to the concept, the equipment and encouraged me to begin. Ed, W1EJ and I traveled often together and activated many peaks. There were summits we could not have reached without his Jeep! Earlier this year I told Ed that I probably would not achieve my 1000 points until next year and Ed encouraged me to continue and pointed me to the possibility for MG this year. Many, many thanks to Ed, W1EJ - my sponsor, mentor, and friend!

4 Likes

Congratulations on making Goat nice I got to work you on the Summit

2 Likes

IMG_2466

IMG_2473
IMG_2477

3 Likes

Congratulations Joe!
Ken & Kay, KE&BGM

2 Likes

Congratulations Joe!

73 Attila W7AMR
AZ MG #22

1 Like

Congratulations on making MG status Joe. Always look forward to working you.

Gary A. - W0MNA

2 Likes

Thanks Gary - I always try to find a frequency for you and Martha!

2 Likes

Congrats, Joe!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your MG Joe!
Dale

2 Likes

Congrats Joe. Seems like a long time ago we were sitting at the SOTA lunch @ Pacificon and Elliott, K6EL, says we have two half-goats sitting at a table here - and then asked us "what half were we? " :wink: “Front half or back half?” :wink: :wink:

Great job Ed, W1EJ, putting the hoof into the rear half and getting you into Goatdom! Not far behind you and retirement on the horizon HI HI…Great to see you reach Goat knowing you guys down in the bay area have a long ways to drive to get to the high point summits…Take care and hopefully see you this year @ Pacificon…

73, Todd KH2TJ

3 Likes

Congratulations, Joe! I only have you in my log one time, but it has been a pleasure. Keep up the good work.

Ron, NR3E :hiking_boot:

2 Likes