JA SOTA QSO PARTY 2024 SPRING

JA SOTA QSO Party will take place on 9 March 2024 from 20:00 to 10 March 2024 at 09:00 (UTC).
Core time is 00:00 - 03:00 (UTC) on 10 March 2024.

De Katsu JP3DGT

23 Likes

Announcement in SOTA JA Home Page.

https://www.kawauchi.homeip.mydns.jp/sotajp/ja-sota-qso-party-2024-1e/

Toru K JA1CTV

5 Likes

I will QRV from NN-142. See you on the air

3 Likes

If it doesn’t rain…I’m planning a morning activation (6 UTC) on DM/BW-018 on March 10th…and hoping for S2S…

73 Armin

3 Likes

Good Morning! Thanks 4 :information_source: enjoy 44!ArigaTo sensei! Katzu SaM!

2 Likes

Finally, tomorrow.
Let’s have fun!

tnx qsos today!

Drew
n7da

3 Likes

Well, that was fun!
On my local summit I managed to string up a 2 el wire yagi aimed at Japan.
It seemed to work well. I made 13 JA S2S plus BV, my first!
A number of chasers in Japan and the USA were also logged.
Just after sunset I dismantled everything, packed up and headed down.
The sky was gorgeous.
Thank you, Activators and Chasers! 72, David N6AN

The feedline is twisted pair, M27500-24SN2U23 with a white jacket.
I find it really hard to photograph wire antennas.

6 Likes

Thanks for the SOTA party I was able to chase 24 Summits today. Most where on 10m CW but also a SSB 10m QSO 15m SSB and BX N6 ZL/NR7Y on 10m CW. and a couple on 12m CW, 12m SSB.
Really great fun for me stuck in doors with a 39c fire ban day so it was impossible for me to be on a summit today. My antenna was 80m end fed up 15m and 100w, even though the QRN in a heat wave was quite high on my End fed it seemed to hit the spot most times on TX and RX.
Regards
Ian vk5cz …

5 Likes

Today was fun.
QSOs on 73 and S2S on 27.
Propagation was good on 28 MHz with the North American West Coast and on 24 MHz with the East Coast.
One page of my log book is now filled with DX.

Let’s do it again!

De Katsu JP3DGT

6 Likes

Well done! The N6AN-BX2AKP S2S was 10956km (6800miles) according to Google Maps. That edges out my biggest DX distance ever by a few hundred kilometers. I had an EFHW cut for 20m hanging from a tree tuned with the KX2 ATU. Not bad for 5 watts!

2 Likes

Hi,
bad weather here this time, therefore I stayed home and tried to chase this morning.

I was glad to chase @JI3BAP first on 10m CW at 06:55. He was loud and his signal evolved to get a great signal. He was calling CQ for a lot of time and I had a consistent RX at my QTH. Well done Aki!

I checked a few more spots unsuccesfully but at 08:14 I was glad to get @7M4QZE, Takeshi, with a readable signal also on 10 CW.

I had to wait until 08:31 to close my 10m chase with @JF1NDT. Yuki had a lot of patience and asked for repeats to get my callsign completed, at the limit of readability. Thaks a lot!

I enjoyed despite I couldn’t activate a summit today.
73 Ignacio

4 Likes

Thanks to all of the JA Activators on summits yesterday.

I was able to work 14 JA summits…and one SOTA QSO to a summit in Korea!

Best ever for me to JA for sure.

Well done, and congrats to all for a GREAT EVENT!!

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A

7 Likes

Thank you for your QSO with me yesterday.
I heard the signal very well.
de DS5SQS.

3 Likes

As planned, I was on DM/BW-018 very early. But unfortunately the conditions weren’t as good as the previous Sunday (03/03/2024 at HB/BL-005):

… I also had to deal with local interference which affected my receiving. I must have chosen the wrong summit for this morning.

JI3BAP/3 came strong… but unfortunately it wasn’t enough for a full QSO for 7M4QZE/1 and JF1NDT/1… the QRM was too strong.

So my DX yield was rather low: 2x JA, 1x ZL,1x HS, 1x VU… Next time I’ll go to a different summit.

73 Armin

4 Likes

Conditions on 10m band were very good and it was a lot of fun.
I worked a lot and the logs are still being entered.

I was in the same mountain “Ooyasan” JA/HG-052 from early morning to evening.

The antenna was dipole 7m high. The Rigs were FT-891 20W and FT-817 5W.

I was able to work S2S with USA, Germany, Poland, Montenegro, Philippines, Taiwan, and Japan.
Usually, I make most of my QSOs on CW, but this time I also made QSOs on SSB. Thank you all.

Aki JI3BAP

8 Likes

Yes, conditions on 10m band were great!
I was able to work 15 JA stations, two of them S2S (JI3BAP/3 and 7M4QZE/1 many thanks!)
ZD7BG, FR4UB, ZS5AYC, ZS5APT also found way into my log :slight_smile:
But the highlight was QSO with H44MS in SSB. He came on my CQ and told me, 4O is “new one” for him on 10m :sunglasses:
My setup was Yaesu FT-817 (5W), Rhombic Loop for 10m and Litionite Tanker Mini.

73, Mario DJ2MX (9A4MX,E73DX,N0MX)

8 Likes

Thank you to the organizer of JA SOTA QSO PARTY 2024 SPRING, chasers, and activators who made S2S’s with me.
I activated Kumotoriyama (JA/TK-001) and Imokinodokke (JA/TK-002) in a three-day tent hiking.

Shin JH3GBD/1

Stayed here for two nights.

Fujisan (Mt. Fuji) seen from the summit of Kumotoriyama 12 minutes before sunrise

Mountain shack (FT-817, 18650, long wire + manual tuner) on the summit of Kumotoriyama (JA/TK-001)

Mountain shack on the summit of Imokinodokke (JA/TK-002) covered with coniferous forests

10 Likes

Hi,
I activated on JA/NN-045 & JA/NN-069.
The WX was blizzard and extremely cold = -15C/5F.
I couldn’t even use my cell phone.
So it was a short time activation, I did my best.

This time I enjoyed the bitterly cold mountain.
Rig:KX2
Ant.:EFHW(19.25m LongWire)
Thanks ALL.

de JG0AWE / Hiro WAKA

9 Likes

-15?!?!?! お疲れ様でした❗️

3 Likes