JA SOTA QSO Party 2023 SPRING

Hi David!
Thank you for S2S!
A dream come truešŸ‘

de JG0AWE/p

2 Likes

Thank you, Hiro! Your callsign is in my mental Rolodex.
There was no snow on my summit, just on and off light rain.
It finally stopped and I could concentrate on the QSOs.
You had a very good signal!
73, David N6AN

2 Likes

Thanks for the SOTA party I had several QSO with JA ops today from my back yard. I tested 3 different antennas and got at least 1 QSO on each antenna tried. Because the higher bands from 15 to 10 metres were so busy I ended up putting up my End Fed Half Wave which is good on all 4 bands and I did not need to continually swap links in my dipoles or retune the OCF DP I tried. It was great to hear quite a lot of U.S. Activators chasing S2S as well unfortunately I could not bust their pile ups but nice to know the bands are in pretty good shape right now. I had fun chasing everyone.
Regards
Ian vk5cz ā€¦

3 Likes

Ian,
I hope I wasnā€™t one of the activators who couldnā€™t hear you.
Working my birth country is always a treat.
73, David N6AN

To: N6AN No, unfortunately I wasnā€™t on the summit yet. Next time!
These are the two antennas I compared, though. The Magloop really held itā€™s own against the full-size parallel vertical.
Steve

4 Likes

No worries, Steve.
When I looked up the summit and discovered where it was I realized you could chase then activate in the space of an hour!
Thanks for the QSOs!
73, David N6AN

NJ7V was readable but he had a big pile up. He did send "Z ā€¦ā€“ā€¦ " but not sure if he heard me or not. NS0TA was a good signal on 10m also but likewise he was very busy with stronger stations. All good fun and I probably should have come back to my shack and used bit more power and log periodic.
Sorry canā€™t remember who else I heard but it was several other U.S. ops.
Regards
Ian vk5cz ā€¦

1 Like

Your activities for this yearā€™s JA Sota Party were excellent. Very good participation and propagation on the high bands. Bravo!
73 Chris

6 Likes

Because I had other obligations on Sunday but didnā€™t want to miss the JA QSOP I decided to camp on the summit so I could activate for a couple of hours of the event.
I couldnā€™t do many S2S but the signals in the high bands were spectacular!
Thank you all, chasers and activators!
73 de JP3PPL
Processing: 011BA21F-8F3D-44E7-A9DA-B2F1C74846AE.jpegā€¦
Processing: 09815B3C-A2F7-4982-B8B8-58F73F7B8758.jpegā€¦
Processing: 3F0728EB-7FDA-46CE-A408-5F8ED11ECDF1.jpegā€¦

Well, not such a great result for meā€¦
Started on 15 meters at 00:45, couldnā€™t hear any JA stations, then switched to 20 meters with the same result. Nearly froze to death as well. SSB certainly isnā€™t the mode to use for this event. However it was a beautiful sunset on the summit and the solitude of being alone under headlamp on the descent was invigorating. I will do it again!
Paul

2 Likes

OKā€¦my final results for the JA s2s eventā€¦
JA s2s contacts made: 12
JA unique summits worked: 11
JA Chasers worked: 2
Also worked: ZL and DU Chasersā€¦non s2s contacts

JA QSOā€™s by band:
10 metersā€¦10
12 metersā€¦4
15 metersā€¦0
17 metersā€¦0
20 metersā€¦0

So for Arizona 10 Meters was the best band. Tried other bands but zip on 15/17/20ā€¦

Also worked 7 USA chasers after the band died out to Japan

So this is the most JA summits I have ever worked in one day from the Home QTH or any location

Great fun! Thanks to everyone for participating.

Running a link dipole (inverted vee) 10 ft off the ground and 30 wattsā€¦all CW.

Pete
WA7JTM

5 Likes

Hello all,
Chasing time limited, but did work 2 stations on 15M, 1 on 17M, and 1 on 10M.
Best, Ken

2 Likes

With a slight break in the continuous rain, we had a bunch of folks on W7O/NC-051 Bald Peak for a ā€œshow-n-tellā€ get together. I focused on 10m with my KX3-KXPA amp at 50w. It was great fun to work 22 JAā€™s (12 S2S!) and 49 overall qsos. Always a pleasure to work some exceptional CW ops.

Thanks to the JA folks who organized this effort and the many summit ops!
Guy/nS0TA

7 Likes

Itā€™s always tricky chasing JA summits from my noisey Wellington NZ QTH, but with a bit of work last night I managed 4 JA summits, one US and good old Andrew (VK1DA) on a VK summit. Iā€™m happy with that. Thanks for throwing the party!

2 Likes

Hi all,
Really enjoyed in this weekend. I made two summits activation in the weekend. Thank you for all chase and S2S. 73
Toru K JA1CTV / JH0CJH

2 Likes

It was fun to make and do so many S2S.
I had good results on 21MHz-28MHz both in NA in the early morning and EU in the evening.
Total 122 QSOs (including DX67)
S2S: 35 QSOs (including DX5)

thank you
Katsu JP3DGT

5 Likes

Some pics from JA/HG-125 Minousan

8 Likes