It's tough for me chasing EU activators in the morning.

1 Like

Sorry Guru, here at EA7, 20m listened and worked, 40 m nil.
73 de ea7gv

Hi Guru, It’s hard here too mate, they’re booming through one second then nothing the next second.
Good luck anyways and stay safe
Best 73

1 Like

Hi Jose
Thanks for chasing me on Watch Croft, G/DC-007, yesterday on 14MHz. My Yaesu 857 was pushing 30W into a wire dipole and you gave me 42 and I copied you 57. It was 1034 so a little later than above. I tried 2-3 S2S QSO’s into HB but none could hear me. 14MHz seemed very flat, when two days ago I made 14 QSO’s from G/DC-008. On G/DC-007, I made 4 QSO’s on 14MHz and was going to move to 7MHz when a band of very heavy, “radio-equipment-saturating”, Cornish drizzle came in so I packed up and went home. Sorry for the late arrival on the summit but the wife’s taxi was 1 hour late!!
73s
Alastair Hopkins, M0TYM

2 Likes

Hi Allen,
At least you hear them booming for some little while. I hear nothing at all. It seems like propagation conditions take its time to build up over here. Later, at around 10h00z and later, conditions have already built up and it’s a bit easier copying some of the activators. However, I often have a black hole with parts of DL, OE, OK, OM, SP and I can’t copy them on any of the bands they use to operate. Chasing requires patience and sacrifice…

Guru

1 Like

Thanks for the activation Alastair and the QSO. It wasn’t an easy copy for me, as it often is, but we made it and that’s what counts.
I hope to QSO with you again soon.

Guru

Guru, I can hear you calling DL/HB9ELD/P now but no one else.

John

Hi John,
It took me several tries, despite he was booming here, but he finally got me, pfew! :sweat_smile:

Guru

1 Like

:grinning:

4 Likes

73 :wink:

Guru

4 Likes

If it was easy it wouldn’t be as much fun!

5 Likes

Very true!

Your location about 900Km South of me makes a big difference. The higher bands are better for you to work central Europe and the low bands are worse. About viceversa for me, but not so good. I would like the 30m band be used more often, but not CW activators can’t work that band and we have to live with it…
However, with patience and effort, I have already 15 chases in my today’s log, which is not too bad.

Guru

Thanks for making it across the pond yesterday on 20M to my small hill along the Hudson River (w2/gc-055). Stay well & 73! Mike, WB2FUV

1 Like