Is there a way in Ham Radio Deluxe to track QRP DX

I know this isnt exactly on topic, so please amuse me for a little while.

I am trying to see if there is a way to track QRP DXCC in Ham Radio Deluxe or if there is another logbook that would work better. I am starting to make contacts through SOTA that might make this interesting to track.

Thank you!

Kent K9EZ

In reply to K9EZ:

Kent,

I’d try your question over at the HRD Yahoo Group at

Guy/N7UN

In reply to K9EZ:
I edit the TX Power field (to 5 watts) in the “My Station” tab in HRD.

I also have redefined the “Custom 1” field to be “SOTA”, and record the summit reference. I can then open the logbook database with Access (but I guess you could also do it with the Open Office equivalent), and extract all my SOTA contacts into an appropriately formatted CSV file for import into my chaser log. It also puts “QRP” in the notes field if TX Power ))
ORDER BY TABLE_HRD_CONTACTS_V01.COL_TIME_OFF;

In reply to K9EZ:

Kent,

I use N3FJP logging software for everything, day-to-day, including SOTA chasing, as well as contesting. (I still use home-made paper logs when I’m activating.) The N3FJP software includes a column for power, so when you use the “awards” function, it is easy to check on that basis. E.g. mine is all either 3w or 5w. But if you run both QRO and QRP, that will allow you to keep track. I also use one of the columns to log the SOTA designator for each summit I work.

Some of the other logging programs may offer similar capability, I don’t know. I’ve just been very happy with N3FJP and have stayed with it.

Hope this helps!

Randy, ND0C

In reply to K9EZ:

Kent,

I use N3FJP logging software for everything, day-to-day, including SOTA chasing, as well as contesting. (I still use home-made paper logs when I’m activating.) The N3FJP software includes a column for power, so when you use the “awards” function, it is easy to check on that basis. E.g. mine is all either 3w or 5w. But if you run both QRO and QRP, that will allow you to keep track. I also use one of the columns to log the SOTA designator for each summit I work.

Some of the other logging programs may offer similar capability, I don’t know. I’ve just been very happy with N3FJP and have stayed with it.

Hope this helps!

Randy, ND0C