Is it a problem not working a station

Tue 20:27
M3EYP/P on G/SP-015
50.170 ssb
Jimmy heard here but not worked (Posted by GW7AAV)

Just had a look on the reflector and came across this spot, not sure how to take it, did Steve not work m3eyp/p because he had already worked Tom m1eyp/p, As because in the past I’ve heard chasers working the same station on different bands, Or maybe Steve heard him on a scanner, Steve can yougive us more information why he was not worked, only asking,

Anyway I would like to Wish all Acitvators, Chasers and the MT,

A very good Christmas and a prosperous New Year for 2009, Hope this is a good year for all,

Steve m0sgb
with more parcels to deliver than Santa,

In reply to M0SGB:

Hi Steve,
I had intended to set up the six metre antennas for last nights contest but I was out visiting relatives until after dark. I would have needed to run the coaxes through the open patio windows from the garden and it was too cold to do that or to disconnect one of the other antennas and swap the cables over but it was too dark to do that so instead I tuned up the 80/40m trap dipole and used that. It was somewhat inefficient (well rubbish actually) but I worked a couple of fairly local stations. I heard Jimmy but then he disappeared and did not answer my calls. I suspect he may have been working another contest station that I could not hear. He was later spotted somewhere else but by that time I had given up and gone to watch Helen wrap Christmas presents while I tried to work out how much she had spent and how many overtime shifts I needed to do to pay for them.

Have a great Christmas it may be a preposterous New Year.

Steve GW7AAV

Try Brown’s Credit Crunch in bars and cereal.

In reply to GW7AAV:

Try Brown’s Credit Crunch in bars and cereal.

That will be Blair’s credit crunch Steve, Brown’s are just the delivery service:-)

In reply to GW7AAV:

“I would have needed to run the coaxes through the open patio windows from the garden and it was too cold to do that or to disconnect one of the other antennas and swap the cables over but it was too dark to do that so instead I tuned up the 80/40m trap dipole and used that. It was somewhat inefficient (well rubbish actually) but I worked a couple of fairly local stations.”

That’s close to a Snap! My rotator is dead so I tuned up the G5RV and worked six stations, best DX about 100 miles - and another local heard me and tuned up his HF antenna, too! Who needs a yagi…

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW0DSP:

That would be Brown’s GM crunch then …

NR.
Happy Xmas

In reply to G8ADD:

I might have worked a few more but the tuner will only handle 50w at 6m and so I was only running about 30w. Although I called a handful of other stations I got no replies to from them. I suspect that only a few milliwatts were making it into the ether. Given the chance I would have had the Delta loop and the vertical on the band.

73 Steve

Who is dreaming of a high definition technicolour 3d six point surround sound Christmas.

In reply to GW7AAV:

Probably chance plays a part, Steve, the radiation pattern of the antenna would be in a number of lobes and nulls, with several dB of gain at the lobes but if your locals were in the nulls…

Brian (dreaming of the bottled real ale put by for Xmas day!)