International SOTA day / weekend?

Brian,

All those, plus many others are on my distribution list as publicity officer. They will all be receiving a detailed press release as soon as the date is fixed.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

are QST and CQ magazines on the list ?.

Yep.

In reply to M1EYP:
Firstly is the date this has to be in harmony with all other associations with such things as contests and cultural differences taken into account. No point in holding the event on a day where its say a national day in EA where familys celebrate for instance.

If other associations are as enthusiastic as this one is there should be a good day to be had.

Thanks to all for the interest and thanks to the MT for taking the idea forward. Sean M0GIA

In reply to GM4TOE:
Hi Barry / all

I am interested in contributing to this event, hopefully as an activator.

I will be in the Isle of Man attending the Walking Festival between May 16th and May 22nd. I intend to activate all five GD Summits during that period on HF CW/SSB using the Scarborough Special Events Group callsign GT7OOO/P. I will also submit this information to the reflector.

73s

Phil Catterall
G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:
any offers from anyone wanting to make me an Inverted V for these bands, ?

I will be able to call cq cq cq cq cq cq cq cq SOTA

In reply to M0SGB:

make me an Inverted V for these bands

I’ll sell you one.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M0SGB:
Hi Steve

Make one yourself - very easy and even if made Heath Robinson style (like mine is) with chocolate blocks, insulation tape and bits of old plastic from a gutter soffit and without balun etc, it will work a treat!

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

The easiest one I made was from twin bell-wire. I pulled the two halves apart until I had a resonant length (for 60 metres as it happened) and the remaining length made a balanced feeder. It was resonant on 60 metres and could be tuned on all other bands including 160 metres (though I never used it for transmitting and doubt that it was very efficient!)

I now use a W3EDP with a simple one-control tuner that does nicely for 80, 60, 40 and 20m.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’ll sell you one.

There speaks someone from north of the border! Mind you, it would cost more if a Bristolian were to sell Steve an antenna!

Steve - look at the recent posts on the reflector about HF antennas. If you can hold a soldering iron, you can make yourself a dipole - it must be the simplest of radio projects. If you can’t hold a soldering iron, then please email me to let me know when you are coming down to Northampton again and I’ll make sure I’m not out on the roads :wink:

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

I’ll sell you one.

There speaks someone from north of the border!

And why not? Business is business and just look at how many HF wire dipoles and the like get sold on eBay. A very large number for a very large profit.

My last post on this so we don’t hijack the ISOTAD/W thread.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G4OIG:
Thanks for the information about making an inverted v. brian i made one a few years ago with belll wire but for me its to heavy, and the connectors kept breaking. g4oig please make sue your out off town on the 25th on a sunday about 8,00pm
andy do they still have a parcel company or post office in yonder hills,
steve m0sgb