Incorrect Activator scores

The SOTA database software is currently being updated. You may already have noted certain improvements. In order to complete the task, various members of the MT have to accomplish certain tasks in a particular order. This may take a little time as “real life” takes precedence over SOTA work.

Until the project is complete, certain activator scores (most likely for summits activated in Germany) may be incorrect. Upon completion of the update, all scores should be recalculated to their correct total. You need take no action.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:
Thanks for letting us know Les.

73 Phil

This has been a hard job. I think we are nearly there now, but not quite. I think now all scores should be correct, and this includes the DM association which had a minimum winter bonus height of 500m until 31/12/08, but 900m from 1/1/09.

There are still a couple of issues regarding the appearance and general summit information on some Database pages, but Gary G0HJQ and myself are continuing to work on those.

Thank you for your patience.

Tom M1EYP

Note that SOTAwatch has yet to be updated to reflect the new information on the Database, hence it may not recognise some of the new ON summits, for instance.

The filter bug has been repaired too. This was where (for instance) selecting the “433MHz” and “CW” filters would return all the activations that contained some 433MHz contacts AND some CW contacts, rather than looking for actual 433MHz CW QSOs, which is what the Database user intends.

73, Tom M1EYP