I/LO-xxx evening post-work

Hi Guys,
tomorrow evening, I will try to activate one summit near Lecco, I will choose which summit according to weather and time available. Plan A, 16mt wire and 80-60-40-30-20 cw-ssb. Plan B, 145.500 FM. more info on sotawatch I will update tomorrow afternoon. see you on air! 73

7 Likes

Yesterday afternoon, me and my friend Andrea ended up choosing for Mt Resegone alias Mt Serrada I/LO-177. we reached the forcella di Olino by car at 17:00 utc and we started to walk quickly along D.O.L. path. after about 30min we decided to get out the headlamps. The last 200 meters, we walked in a trick fog. reached the rifugio Azzoni, we changed clothes and climbed up the last step. I installed 10mt wire on 4.5mt telescopic pole. I started to call in 80cw, the noise was quiet. I managed in the log F5JKK, IK6BAK, IK2LEY and DJ5AV with nice signal 579. Many thanks guys, you allowed me to activate the summit on this hard band. I tried to work on 60 and 40mt but the noise was too high. I changed transformer and I tried on 20ssb but the conditions was poor, after some calIs, I Qsy in 20cw, I worked Martino IU2IJW and Luca IW2OGY and some European chasers.

when it began to rain I passed in QRT.
Many thanks chasers!!

iw2obx Roberto

11 Likes

Well Done Roberto !!

73 de And IW0HK

3 Likes

Thanks Andrea!
See you on air…

2 Likes

Ciao Roberto.
Nice to work you on 80 mtrs!

'73 de ik6bak, Eliseo.

1 Like

Ciao Eliseo,
it was a really pleasure hear you on 80mt band! CUAGN

1 Like

Hi Roberto,

a nice activation in the dark.
How was the way bak in the rain?

73, Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,
I didn’t have any problem, Scarpa goldendgate had a good grip.

1 Like

hi guys, another post-work activation, I will QRV at 16:30 17:00 utc, I’d like climb down the last rocky step before the dark, probably the activation will be quicky.

1 Like

Sorry but aborted!
Planned for tomorrow afternoon!
See you