I can't upload tracks

Please do - send it to admin at sotamaps.org I know you had provided feedback through there the other day, but I hadn’t had a chance to action it.

I can see a few errors that align with what you just uploaded, but it appears like it’s SMP not setting things up correctly. That section of code is not well known to me, so please bear with me.

Done, hope it will not take you too much time.
Very appreciate your work.
Mirko

@VK3ARR
Sorry to bother you again. gpx upload works but I can not reduced number of points. The Refresh button does not do anything.
And also the Import… button does nothing

I have even worked the gpx with GPSbabel to put it to standard format.

Oh yes I need to add it is a gpx-route and not a gpx-track. But the SMP reads it and also displays it. Any reason not to support routes ?
Btw after converting the route to track it works fine.
Example files are on the way to the admin email adresse.

Thanks
73 Joe

So apparently the code should support routes, but it clearly is having issues atm, so I will take a look at it.

2 Likes

I’m trying to upload a track for the first time, recorded on garmin watch. Seems to be stuck on “checking uploaded file”.Using chrome. My file seems big though, 3.2MB. Is this too big?
If so, how do i resize it? I think I’ve managed to answer my question. Having opened the gpx file, it seems to be logging every second. Obviously overkill for this purpose. What is a normal logging rate?

My GPS does it’s own dynamic logging and bases the logging rate on my speed and rate of change of position. To the best of my knowledge, this is not configurable. That doesn’t help you directly but…

You probably want to download GPS Babel (available for Windows/Linux and MacOS) as I am fairly sure that has the ability to reduce the number of data points in a GPX file.

It’s a long time since I used Garmin’s free map software that can be used for editing GPX files such as splitting a GPX into multiple GPX routes etc. I think that that can also be used to reduce the number of points in a route.

Have a Google and I’m sure you’ll find something.

1 Like

Hi All, I am also having this issue, though I’ve been able to upload tracks in the past.

SOTAmaps reads and displays the track on the map, but when I click “Import” nothing happens and a console error is displayed in console. The track has 81 points and is 11kb. I’ve tried across 3 different devices and every browser I can think of with adblocker off. Any tips to get an upload to work? I seem to remember there should be a popup after clicking “Import”.

Thanks,
Tim N7KOM

Uncaught TypeError: aImportedGPXData.trackPoints is undefined
showSaveGPXTrackOptionsWin https://www.sotamaps.org/js/tracks.min.js:241
onclick https://www.sotamaps.org/tracks:1

Send the GPX file to admin@sotamaps.org and I’ll see what I can find.