Http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/features/walk

Interesting article in The Scotsman magazine at the weekend. SOTA and Andy get a mention. He even got Andy’s call sign correct.

Nice one!

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/features/walk-of-the-week-creag-each-1-2721189

Colwyn
MM0YCJ

In reply to MM6YCJ:

I didn’t know it wsa available online… I had to buy a copy of the paper to see it!

I met Robin and he was fascinated to hear about SOTA and asked if he could write about it. He recorded my replies to questions etc. to ensure he got the details correct. Later he sent me a draft and I suggested just one change. It’s nice to come across a journalist who makes so much effort to get the facts correct. He could teach a few things to many of Fleet STreet’s “finest”!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Well, Andy, that’s your 15 minutes of fame: it’s all downhill from here on :wink:

Rob DM1CM

In reply to DM1CM:

30 minutes… the main picture on the cover of Radcom Jan 2013 was me activating Minch Moor for SOTA :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to DM1CM:

30 minutes… the main picture on the cover of Radcom Jan 2013 was me
activating Minch Moor for SOTA :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

Ha ha… my one year old daughter ate that cover!

In reply to MM0FMF:

Dude… high fives!

In reply to G7LAS:

Ha ha… my one year old daughter ate that cover!

A young lady of taste and discrimination! :wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MM0FMF:

It’s nice to come across a journalist who makes so much effort to get the facts correct

It would be even better if he would use Grid references correctly. For some unknown reason, for such an experienced hill walker, he steadfastly refuses to include the letters in a grid reference, just publishes the 6 digits. Means that if you have mapping software (rather than the library of paper maps The Scotsman provides him with) you have to look for a searchable location to where he is writing about then look for the waypoints he mentions before you can consider whether to use the information provided.

Having said that, he does come up with some good routes and writes them up well.

Barry GM4TOE