How to pack an FT817 and ancils for hiking?

No they are Synergy Black Label F-300 They are for listing to my Britney Spears records.

@MM0FMF

2 Likes

I keep everything (LiFePo battery, Balun, Mic, Speech Compressor, Logbook, Pencil, Fuses, Multitool) in a yellow B&W Type 1000 Outdoor Case :wink:

This has the added benefit of serving as dry base (or, when raining as a dry shelter as you can put the radio inside). It’s a bit bulky though.

When on summit I’m not hesitating to set-up my trusted FT-817ND in all kind of perilous positions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers, Alex (OE5LXR)

4 Likes

Hi Gordon,

a nice collection of useful ideas for you so far…

In the past I had a FT-817 and I built a plywood rack for it, so that I could operate without removing it from my backpack (I added connectors in the front side); it was useful in wet condition.

Details in this other thread:

And a spanish PDF with details downwards in my webpage:

Good luck with your solution
73 de Ignacio

3 Likes

Hi Gordon,

I’ve an FT-817 without tuner.
Here is my solution with Renkforce GP-110 Hardcase

73, Mario DJ2MX

5 Likes

Oh, a Bavarian SOTA-Flag, impressive. :wink:

1 Like

This is my carry box. Lighter than a Pellicase, a step up from Tupperware. £25 FROM Amazon. Would work with an 818.

4 Likes

Now you are out of the Union you can go back to the old ways and claim indigenous British Tradition and then thumb your nose at the High Court.

I used to bat both left and right handed when playing cricket. I would switch as the bowler was well into his run. Had that beaten out of me.

Ron

1 Like

That’s the exact case I use for my 818 when out for SOTA. Perfect size for the radio, mic, and two LiPos.

1 Like

Free Britney!

1 Like

It was a challenge for me to pack FT-817, because casting has sharp edges on the back of radio. It made holes in close that I used to pack FT-817. I wish to have this discussion when I used FT-817. Sold it.

1 Like

Everytime I see this topic I read it is as ‘How to pack an FT817 and anvils for hiking?’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly what I see. Although only myself and Paul have admitted to taking an anvil on activations so far. :wink:

1 Like

She needs to use the whole chicken, not just a feather.

3 Likes

Many of us are not admitting to carrying one. I gather someone carries an AR88D around as a substitute. No names… :wink: :wink:

EDIT - I got that wrong, it is a B40.

1 Like

Careful, we don’t want people replacing our lucky anvils with boat anchors. That just wouldn’t do…

2 Likes

For those who are new here and don’t know the anvil joke…

1 Like

I was sure it was a typo and it really was anvils. What else could it be?
I prefer 3 off 10 kg anvils for guy tie points. None of your 1 kg pack rubbish.

Ron
VK3AFW

2 Likes

Homebrewers looking to save some weight might find this useful

4 Likes