How many activation attempts can I do?

Hi,
I activated a summit but managed to have 2 QSOs only. So no points. Can I reactivate it in the same calendar year and if I manage to get the necessary 4 QSOs, will I be granted the summit activation points then? Thanks!

Sure can attempt again same year for the points. Even once you do get the 4 contacts you can activate again, just won’t get the points.

1 Like

You can “activate” a summit as many times as you like within a year. You will only get the summit’s activator points on the first activation where you have 4 valid QSOs though.

Another interesting point - if this summit has 3 seasonal bonus points in winter but you have already got it’s normal points in Summer, by activating it again (with 4 QSOs) in the winter bonus period, you get the 3 additional activator points for the summit’s winter bonus.

One point though contacts are NOT cumulative as they are in WWFF - so the second time you activate this summit you will need 4 QSOs - these can be the same two chasers as last time plus two more or four completely different ones.

Enjoy Ed.

2 Likes

Correct Ed, if you get the normal activator points outside of bonus season, you can still get the 3 bonus points if you activate it again in the same year during bonus period.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

366 times in a leap year.
Seriously, February 29th ought to be worth a bonus point for its rarity!!!

3 Likes

Answer: As many as it takes. 3 visits to 1 hill before qualifying it is my record (so far).

2 Likes

Dear all, thank you very much for all your replies and hints! 73 de Alfred

1 Like