Holiday in Tenerife

If you are planning to activate Teide again you had better get your application for a summit permit in soon. I just had a quick look for when I was planning to go there again and all time slots are taken (mainly by tour guides).

Barry GM4TOE

Nope. We may go up Teide again, but this time with Maz & Liam with us and will walk the main tourist paths up there that you donā€™t need a permit for - we didnā€™t explore these last time when we did the activation. They donā€™t go to the summit or the AZ, but still will command spectacular views.

So no plans for another activation of EA8/TF-001, but hoping to do a few of the others.

Thank you for the information regarding paths Andy. At the moment we will be planning to do some early morning activations on the lower easier summits and one whole day in the mountains. We wonā€™t be activating El Teide EA8/TF-001 again Barry, but there is a chance that we may go up this mountain in the cable car, but not walk from there to the summit as my mum would like to take the cale car up El Teide, but not walk to the summit.

Jimmy M0HGY

Well Iā€™ve qualified TF-019 with ease this morning but Jimmy hasnā€™t yet raised a single QSO. VWP and FEH heard calling but neither QSO completed. 20m looks the best bet again atm so he will be calling again on 14.333 very soon. Batteries have been replaced!

Well thatā€™s one QSO. Thank you Manuel EA2DT.

Three more needed - 14.333MHz SSB.

Tom,
I heard you only for a couple of seconds (aircraft reflection?) on 14033, Tried 1 call but there was not a peep from Tenerife to be heard using a 3 el Yagi pointing directly at you.
Not a whisper from Jimmy on SSB as yet either.
Will keep on listening, but propagation just ainā€™t there at present!
Ken

Thanks Ken. You were a good 579 with me. Jimmy is struggling, still needs 3 more.

El Teide to the north of you certainly wonā€™t help!
Will keep listening!
Ken

One more QSO will do it!

Can EVERYONE please try to listen for Jimmy on 14.292?

Many thanks!

Nothing heard here Tomā€¦
Enjoy the holidayā€¦
Cheers Ken

Nothing here, either. Usually the bands get better as we approach the equinox, but not this time, it seemsā€¦

Still looking for one more QSO for Jimmy. Trying to look for strong CQ calls to answer but no success with that strategy yet.

Sorry, nothing at all.
Rod

Just an occasional word but splatter from a strong station on .331 isnā€™t helping!

Brian

(Actually I think the band is improving, it sounds more lively than it did a couple of hours ago)

Tom, walk out of the AZ. Work Jimmy on 2m using the handy and the 817. Job done.

Been following you around the bands today.:grin:
But they not been kind at all :rage:

If i hear ya I will be a calling along with the rest of them and hope propagation gets better for you during your holā€™s. :sunglasses:

karl

Weā€™ve accounted for that Andy - heā€™s only made 2 qsos!

Good signal Karl - Jimmy gave you your report several times.

Battery change and a little more power, CQing again.

Nothing heard here on 14.319, although there is a German on 14.323 who is causing a bit of splatter on 14.319