High intensity SOTA from DL/MM0DHY

Yes indeed. Well done Adrian double goatdom!

Better than Double Diamond!

MM0YCJ

I promise you you would not get that right in South Africa! You would have to do a lot more work out here - but then this is Africa :slight_smile:

Hi Steve

268 in 8 days! impressive indeed but that was back in the day when they used P100 prominance. I have just checked the qualifying summits now they are using P150 as of April this year. Only 4 of the 27 summits you did are still SOTA summits!! It would be much harder now to repeat your score, more driving between summits and more ascent! So I guess I could maybe claim a record for the new P150 prominance :slight_smile: ! I am sure it will only be a short time before someone betters this!
Adrian
MM0DHY

1 Like

Hi Rob

I will try and make a visit to DL land sometime soonā€¦ I donā€™t hold out much chance of the 1K beers! I have done quite a few summits in the Pyrenees of similar heights to your 10 pointers, never managed more than 2 in a day! Of course for 1K beers I could take my bivi gear and spend a week on the hills, would need a lot of planningā€¦ several batteriesā€¦ someone to drive me between mountainsā€¦

Probably best to stick to at most 2 a day with a few beers in the evening! I will buy you a beer!

Adrian
MM0DHY

Yes I have to admit I might be going a bit soft as I get olderā€¦

First 4 days 3 activations a day, fourth day 5 activations then 2 days of 2 activations a piece. We were running out of hillsā€¦

The objective was to get to double goat. Moira, my long suffering partner decided tactics and route planning. We were very lucky with the weather , only a few drops of rain!

Thanks to all for the congrats on double Goatdom. I am really trying to catch Colwyn MM0YCJ. I worked out that if I could keep up the pace I would catch him in 6 weeksā€¦ problem is I have run out of timeā€¦ Oh well at least I have narrowed the gap a little!!

Phil 106 points in OK land sounds a good number to me! well done!

Adrian

MM0DHY

Nah, canā€™t be done! :grin:

Yes, well done. My own double is a long way off but Iā€™ve stopped targeting summits with higher scores in exchange for uniques and clearing up regions. It surprises me that there are some total gems that few people do because theyā€™re only a 1pt summit etc. The only high scoring summits Iā€™ve done this year were in DM. I did enjoy Kandel where itā€™s a simple 10min stroll from the car park to the AZ. Propagation was terrible but we (me + G6MZX) made up for that by having beer and wursts in the cafe by the car park. There is something oh so very civilised about activation that ends with beer and sausages. Something I could get used to.

Iā€™m expecting to get a massive 14 points in OK next month!

Youā€™ll need to invent a new challenge for yourself now Adrian.

ā€¦or less :slight_smile:

1 Like