Hi-VIZ Gear ident stickers??

Would there be any interest in HI-VIZ (im thinking illuminous yellow or orange) ident stickers to stick on your SOTA gear?

Im thinking something with callsign and a phone number so things hopefully get returned if lost and hi-viz so things can be seen easier amongst the foliage on a mountain top!

would appreciate you thoughts

Cheers

Alan

3 Likes

After misplacing a tri-band whip (2/70/23) on Moncrieff Hill (intensive search carried out), I have added yellow flourescent tape to the vulnerable pieces of kit. I have a “count it out, count it back in” system when I take kit out of the backpack. My rigs usually stay in the pack (courtesy of the Scottish weather) so are not a problem. It’s more leads and small parts. As to whether marked up stickers would be of use, perhaps not as far as I am concerned. Good idea though.

2 Likes

may have seen the return of your antenna if it was marked up… that’s the whole point, for the sake of a quid (or less) per sticker (not fully priced them yet) it may save you £100s in missing gear!

Cheers

Alan

2 Likes

Indeed, it wasn’t marked up, just black in colour. The replacement sports several bands of yellow fluorescent gaffer tape. My tarps are also marked up. I had one blow away and it was hard to see it against the heather and gorse on the hill. Tape is useful for marking guys and wire antennas where the public might walk into them.

73, Gerald

I would be interested if there were a small SOTA symbol in addition to the above elements.

1 Like

Already using high viz tape on luggage to spot mine on airport carousel where there are lots of look-alikes. Using little flags made of blue painter’s tape on wire antenna where hikers might run into it.

Elliott, K6EL

1 Like

I was expecting something more like this:
Viz_cover

1 Like

That is possible, however i am unsure of the situation regarding copyright!

Cheers

Alan

Rude Kid would know what to say about copyright.