Hello The North!

Hello Everyone

As an avid VHF West Midlander it is rare that I hear Northern Accents on the bands! After today’s activation of SP-017 I have heard plenty of regional dialect and it was great! Many thanks to the kind operating manner of the people in the North!

This message also has a second reason, mainly my forthcoming activation of GD Land! I should be QRZ on Tuesday, Wednesday and if required Thursday!! Hope to link up with you and may I excuse myself of any poor time keeping! New area and no navigator mean that driving could be quite interesting!!

All the best 73

Matt soon to be 2D0XTL!

In reply to 2E0XTL:

Good DX Matt, I hope the weather is kind to you.

Unfortunately, I shall be at work Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday so won’t be able to work you in the IOM.

Take care & safe descents!

Karen
2E0XYL

In reply to 2E0XTL:

I will be listening out for you as 2D0XTL on S20 (I normally monitor it throughout the day). I can work all the GD Summits quite easily on 2m except for Bradda which is just workable but sometimes a challenge.

Colin

In reply to 2E0XTL:
Glad you enjoyed Northern SOTA, sorry to miss you from Gun Hill on the way home from Newark.The wx was truly awful
I’ve just posted a page to the tips for GD-001 with details of how to get round the GD summits in a day,we’ve done it that way once but usually now-a-days it’s much more stately. Will keep an ear out for you.
Great to catch the GD lads at Newark, only 8 months to go.
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to 2E0XTL:

Hi Matt,

I hope you have a good trip across today to the IoM, mind you the weather forecast for the return trip looks er, interesting… have you got a sick bag?

I have used your sign in to get on here so don’t think you are communicating with yourself!

Present WX in Shrops sunny, warm and dry… for a change. Take care.

73 Dad G4OYX

In reply to 2E0XTL:

Just a quick thank you to everybody that spoke to me today from GD 001 and 002! Apologies for the lack of 2 metres FM, I foolishly forgot my gloves and after 45 mins of incessant wind my hands called time on the activation of GD 002!!

Should be on tomorrow as scheduled! Looking forward to it!

Matt 2E0XTL