Hello from Switzerland

Hi everyone
I` m happy to be able to officially join the SOTA community.

I just got my novice license HB3XTZ and activated 3 small mountains last weekend.

I grew up having amateur radio action all around me and in the past year i have been attending 42 activations, holding Antennas and writing the log. Then i finally decided to take the novice license exam.

During that time we also started to film some activations with a gopro, and what started out as a funny idea ended up in me editing videos twice a week! Befor we knew it we had our very own SOTA youtube channel that can be found when searching for HB9PIM on youtube.

Having a QSO looked so easy, but now since i have be doing it myself i know how hard it can be to talk fluently when beeing so nervous.
I have a lot of respect for all of you activators & chasers that handle these pile ups in such a clean and ordered way!

I have a lot to learn but it is a lot of fun to activate a summit!

All the best, greetings from the novice HB3XTZ, Sabrina

30 Likes

Congratulations Sabrina, you already know how much fun SOTA is but great you can take part on the air now too. Liked the You Tube 73
Regards
Ian vk5cz

1 Like

Welcome Sabrina!

Ken

1 Like

Hallo Sabrina,

Habe mich gleich mal auf eurem Youtube Channel umgesehen. Sehr schöne Aufnahmen und flotte Musik. Schau gerne auf meinem Channel vorbei.

Auf zur HB9 Lizenz dann schaffen wir auch ein S2S auf 40m hi

Viel Spaß und 73,
Joe

1 Like

Welcome Sabrina!

I remember being nervous during my first activities as a radio amateur, but don’t worry, you will soon get used to the callsigns and the way a qso is completed. Saying hello to your friends via radio is very rewarding.

Thanks for the work of recording those lovely landscapes and posting them on youtube, it is nice to see how your mountains look like there!

Hope to find you from another summit and complete a S2S (summit to summit) contact in the future.
73 de Ignacio

1 Like

Good morning

Thank you for the warm welcome!
And also thank you for the nice words about our youtube channel. I have been trough 3 video editing programms befor i found one that works for me & that does not lag due to my very “midrange” computer. :sweat_smile:

If the weather will allow it i we will go on the next Tour tomorrow.(145.550 fm)
During the christmas days i plan to start with building some kind of antenna stand that can be used if the ground is frozen and if there is no other option to mount the antenna. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a nice day!
HB3XTZ, Sabrina

Hallo Joe
Der Kanal ist abonniert, sieht super aus!
Ich werde heute Abend mal reinschauen :blush:
LG Sabrina

Hi Ignasio

Thank you for the nice words.
Yes, i have also been suprised to see the differend mountain types that we have in HB.
Everyone is always saying how small our country is ( me included). But then i had my first few SOTA hikes and if you are walking 16km in distance and 800meters in hight difference it doensnt feel small at all 😂 The nature has a very nice effect on the mind and im looking forward to be out there again :blush:
All the best
HB3XTZ, Sabrina

1 Like

Hello Sabrina

welcome to the club, enjoy your time activating, no stress.

73 de hb9fvk (ruedi)

1 Like

Hallo Sabrina,

Welcome to the gang.
Freu mich auf unser 1. S2S QSO.
Nicht zuletzt wegen Rene, HB9PIM, hab ich in letzter Zeit fast immer ein VHF Handy und HB9CV Antenne mit dabei.

Gar nicht gewusst, dass ihr einen Youtube Kanal habt.

Subscribed.

Mark, HB9DBM

1 Like

Hello Sabrina

Welcome to SOTA and congratulations on obtaining your licence. I hope to work you soon from home and/or s2s from another summit. You have so many superb summits to activate in your part of the world.
GL/73

Nick G4OOE

1 Like

Congratulations Sabrina,

Nice youtube channel you have.

Good luck es hpe cuagn. 73, Tonnie de PA9CW

1 Like

Hallo Mark

Freut mich zu hören!
Ja, das ist doch super, so kann man sich bei schwierigen Bedingungen helfen auf die 4 QSO zu kommen. :blush:

Wir haben den Kanal seit Juli, aber wir möchten ihn nicht zu aufdringlich bewerben. (Wir möchten damit ja niemandem auf den Leim gehen😂)
Ich dachte ich erwÀhne es hier, vielleicht hat ja jemand freude daran die Videos zu schauen.
Liebe GrĂŒsse
Sabrina

1 Like

Congratulation for your license and welcome to the group.
Have a nice activations!

Roberto iw2obx

1 Like

Hallo Sabrina

Willkommen bei SOTA
 aus dem SĂŒdschwarzwald
 bis demnĂ€chst zum ersten s2s auf 2m.

73 Armin

1 Like

Willkommen bei SOTA, Sabrina, and congratulations for your licence and nice callsign.
I’ll be looking forward to making QSO with you whenever you can/want to jump into HF.

Guru

1 Like

Hallo Sabrina,
GlĂŒckwunsch zur Lizenz und Willkommen auf dem Band.
Werde in Zukunft auch mal auf 2m SSB hören, vielleicht klappts ja mal mit QSO.

Viel Spass auf den Bergen und vy73/88
Fritz HB9CSA, DL4FDM
http://highspeedtelegraphy.com/

1 Like

Hallo Sabrina

Die Stimme hatte ich auch schon bei HB9PIM im Hintergrund gehört. Schön, dass du nun auch “auf eigene Rechnung” mitmachst!

Viel Spass und vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

1 Like

Hi from Argentina, welcome Sabrina!. 3 small mountains on a weekend? That’s great way to start!!

73 de LU1MAW

1 Like

Hello Sabrina
Greetings from France and welcome to SOTA !

1 Like