HB9SOTA and HB/AI-001 (Säntis)

11th HB9SOTA Annual Meeting successfully conducted on Säntis
On Saturday May 21, 2016, the Board of Directors of the Swiss SOTA Group invited its members to this year’s annual meeting, which was held on the highest summit in the Canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden. With fantastic weather conditions, more than 40 club members along with friends of “ham radio in the heights” enjoyed a very successful event (tour of the Swisscom transmitter facility, club annual meeting and a presentation given by Herbert OE9HRV about the “hentenna” antenna); in the afternoon several members also took advantage of the situation to activate the SOTA summit Säntis (HB/AI-001). You can find a more detailed description (in German) at Amateurfunk HB9SOTA GV 2016| Amateurfunk, Amateurfunkgeräte, Funkamateur, Funkshop, Hobbyfunk | Lutz Electronics
The next HB9SOTA annual meeting will be held on Saturday May 13, 2017, on the summit St. Chrischona (HB/BS-001) in a meeting room at an altitude of 120 m ASL. There we will again take a tour of the Swisscom transmitter facility, then enjoy a meal in the Restaurant Waldrain, set up our SOTA stations on HB/BS-001 and enjoy a special presentation.
Jürg, HB9BIN, René HB9NBG und Carine, HB9FZC, Paul, HB9DST

2 Likes

Salut les copains,
Hope everything was OK up there onto Santis !
I really wantedto meet you all but it wasnot possible.
Next time so !
see you onto summits !!
Robert

Juerg, big thanks to you and everyone involved in organizing this excellent event!
As a guest I really enjoyed the HB9SOTA assembly and the exchange with other OMs, as much as the great Hentenna presentation by Herbert OE9HRV and the activation of HB/AI-001 on 2m SSB.

I think HB/AI-001 has been more than just activated. There are already 11 logs in the database :slight_smile:

Afterwards Matthias HB9FVF, Manuel HB9DQM and me had great fun on the challenging activation of the nearby HB/SG-056 “Gemeinenwis” summit.

Back at home, way after midnight, I looked back on a great day full of exciting SOTA experiences.

Thank you!

73 de OE9TKH

1 Like

Erfolgreiche 11. GV von HB9SOTA auf dem Säntis
Am Samstag, den 21. Mai 2016, hat der Vorstand der SOTA-Gruppe Schweiz seine Mitglieder zur diesjährigen GV auf den höchsten Gipfel des Kantons AI eingeladen. Bei traumhaft schönen Wetterverhältnissen durften über 40 Mitglieder von HB9SOTA und Freunde des „Funkbetriebs in luftigen Höhen“ auf dem Säntis an einem rundum gelungenen Anlass (Besichtigung der Swisscom-Sendeanlagen, GV und Vortrag von Herbert, OE9HRV, über die Hentenna-Antenne) teilnehmen und dabei am Nachmittag selber auch den SOTA-Gipfel Säntis (HB/AI-001) aktivieren. Einen ausführlichen Bericht findet ihr unter Amateurfunk HB9SOTA GV 2016| Amateurfunk, Amateurfunkgeräte, Funkamateur, Funkshop, Hobbyfunk | Lutz Electronics
Die nächste GV von HB9SOTA findet am Samstag, den 13.5.2017, auf dem St. Chrischona (HB/BS-001) in einem Sitzungszimmer in einer Höhe von 120 Metern über dem Boden statt. Auch dort werden wir die Sendeanlagen der Swisscom besichtigen, im Restaurant Waldrain essen, von HB/BS-001 funken und einen Vortrag geniessen.
Jürg, HB9BIN, René HB9NBG und Carine, HB9FZC