HB9NBG+HB9FZC's 29 Summits in the last 21 days - some impressions

Hi all

Carine (HB9FZC) and I just came back from 21 awesome SOTA-days this morning :sunglasses::sunglasses: It was an unbelievable SOTA-summer for us: we could activate all-in-all 29 summits within 21 days; 10 of them were over 3000m high, and 4 of them all were First-activations. On our SOTA-page you can find a complete listing of all of our summits with all the Details: SOTA | Bergwandern/Bergsteigen und Amateurfunk | Lutz Electronics .

Many thanks to all of you, who was coming back to our SOTA-CQ’s for the very nice QSO’s, and we hope to meet you soon again on another summit :grinning::grinning:

Here are some impressions of our last 21 SOTA-days…

19 Likes

Carine and René,

Fantastic summit tour.

Bravo and 73" / 88"

HB9IIO
Daniel

Gratuliere Euch zu dieser Gewaltigen Tour.
Wunderschöne Bilder.
Jetzt habt Ihr Euch ein paar Tage Ruhe Verdient.
73 IW3AGO
Heinrich

Thanks Carine & Rene it was great to work you both on your summer tour,
a wonderful achievement in the time.
Have a well earned break but don’t stay home to long.
Thanks for all the pictures along the way.
Regards to you both.
Don G0RQL.

Hi all
First many thanks to you all for the QSO’s on our big SOTA-Tour and than also a big thank you for your congratulations :grinning::grinning: . It was a abolutely awesome SOTA-Summer-Time for us, und just now, I’ve posted a detailled News with a big photo-slideshow about the activities on our Homepage: https://www.lutz-electronics.ch/news/grossartige-sota-sommeraktivitaeten-2019/

Thanks very much once again, and hope to meet you soon on one of our next summits…

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

Sali Carine und Rene
Herzliche Gratulation zur grossartigen Leistung!
73 es 88 de F/HB9BIN/p, Juerg

AWESOME

Congrats for that,.
May be we S2S next.
73 Gerald

Hoi Jürg
Herzlichen Dank für Deine Gratulationen :grinning::grinning: Unsere 23 SOTA-Tage in den Schweizer Alpen waren der absolute Wahnsinn :sunglasses::sunglasses: Auch Dir noch einmal herzlichen Dank für die S2S, die wir mit Dir auf ebenso grossartigen Gipfeln führen durften :grin::grin: …im Moment ist bei uns leider wieder SOTA-Pause - wir starten gerade jetzt mit der Arbeit nach unseren Ferien…

Hi Gerald

Also to you many thanks for the nice QSO’s - our days in the Swiss alps were really absolutely awesome :grinning::grinning: Just now we start our work after the great SOTA-Holidays, and so we have to make a SOTA-break, but we hope, that we will come back very soon… :grin::grin:

Hi René and Carine,

What a great achievement for both of you. The photos are absolutely wonderful too. I am always amazed how well your KX2 does with the attached telescopic antenna. I will be taking my KX2 to FL/VO in about 10 days time but will be using an EFHW.

I haven’t counted up how many of the 23 summits I managed to contact you both on but it seemed like every day you were active somewhere! I think my XYL Nickie, M7AFI, managed to contact you both on some of them.

Thanks and 73
Andrew G4AFI

Hi Andrew

Thanks very much for your nice feedback and also for all the QSO’s, which we had on our SOTA-Summer-Tour :grin::grin: By the way we’ve made not 23 summits but 33 summits in the 23 days :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: . Because of our big tours - on average we’ve hiked a Little bit more than 6 hours each day and made an elevation of 1’300m of ascent and of descent everyday - it was necessary to reduce the weight of the Equipment as much as possible: The KX-2, the HB9NBG’s SOTA-Dipol and our ultralight Carbon-pole, the MFJ-1840T and the AX-1 was the perfect package :+1: . On most of the summits, there was no possibility to mount the mast, and so we mostly used the two telescopics, which has made really a perfect job :+1:

Now we look forward to a beautiful autumn and some more of awesome activations like in the summer :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Thanks once again for the nice QSO’s - also to your YL Nickie…
…and vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

1 Like

Wonderful Carine & Rene
Well done - my knees would be like rubber after such trips…
I wished the summits where here also a bit closer. Only some (from 1-8) are on the same Island.
And additional they are no many points to earn.
I think the Swiss Alps have also been vy hot this summer, so you feel how is the challenge to go up by nearly 40 C, here in the Aegean sea. But Sailing also makes fun and adventure…
73 form SV8
de Erich

Gratuliere Euch zur Dieser Tour und bis zum nächsten S2S…

73 in3adf markus

Hi Erich
Many thanks for your congratulations :grinning::grinning: - by the way: at least my knees knows too, that we’ve made many thousand metres in altitude on the ascents and the descents the last few weeks :wink: It was not soooo hot as in your area, so it’s much more agreable to make SOTA-activations on summits around 3’000m a.s.l. :+1: So, enjoy sailing with these high temperatures - the autumn comes soon, and than we hope, that you will be back on the SOTA-summits soon - we look Forward to our next S2S :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Hoi Markus

Vielen Dank für die lobenden Worte :grinning::grinning: Super, dass es wenigstens ein paar Mal geklappt hat mit einem S2S :+1: …im Moment ist Arbeiten angesagt und somit SOTA-Pause, aber wir freuen uns schon auf einen herrlichen SOTA-Herbst und auf weitere S2S :grin::grin: