HB9BIN reaches 6000 activator points

Hi Jürg

Congratulations for 6000 activator points. Well done.

vy73 de Tom
HB9DPR

5 Likes

Congratulations Jurg.
A magnificent milestone.
Thanks for all the chaser points.
Roy G4SSH

An excellent achievement Jurg. Many congratulations. Thanks for all the contacts from my home and S2S. Onward and upward to the next target!

73, Gerald G4OIG

Well Done Jürg,
I’m still waiting the days that we can climb together :slight_smile: !!
Cheers
Tof F5UBH

That is really impressive Jurg, well done!. Always a pleasure to chase you and usually a strong signal.

73 Andrew G4AFI

Hoï Jürg,

Super Job hast du gemacht :thumbsup:
Ich hoffe wir können wieder einmal zusammen aktivieren.
Freundliche Grüsse

Laurent de F8CZI

Jurg,

Thanks for the many contacts - before DX propagation disappeared. I am looking forward to hearing you again.

Paul, K1CM

p.s. I will be operating, as a chaser, as EI4CM from Galway during the middle of October. I will look for you on CW on 7 and 10 MHz.

15K chaser is nothing compared to a 6K MG. :astonished:
Man you must have covered some KM distance in this big milestone. :smiley:

Jolly well done and thanks for all the summits you have put on over a period of time and managed a few contacts with you on air.

Just out of wonder, How many summits have you operated from to reach this BIG MG mile stone

Still in wow mode :slight_smile:

Karl

Hi Jurg
Very well done, and an excellent achievement well done you, I look forward to many more contacts with you…
Cheers Ken G0FEX

Dear SOTA-Friends
I am not yet retired. It took me 5 years to make 6’000 activator points (see the picture).
Vy tks for the gratulations! See you on the air!
73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

1 Like

Scores, scores, scores … why on earth is a minority of SOTA participants so focused on scores?
There is clearly no simple answer to this old question. Maybe that they simply need scores to boost one’s ego?

The above figure showing the activator points score has induced me to search for a criterion which could indicate the possible motivation of a SOTA activator (e.g. egomania, score hunting, technical experiments, nature-loving, athletic challenge). Although the figures found are interesting (score table below), they are not sufficient to answer the old question. Everyone needs to form their own opinion.

1 Like

Hi Heinz
You have forgotten to mention the possible motivation travelling for a SOTA activator (e.g. number of unique summits)!
Anyway, a picture is always telling more than a table!
73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

Congratulations Juerg,
A magnificent milestone.
Thanks for all the chaser points, and all our S2S Qso’s!
Sake.

Hi Heinz,

You raise an interesting question. I think unless there was a meaningful personal satisfaction from activating summits, there would be a temptation to get to 1000 points and then say, “been there, done that” and then go to a different part of the hobby. (that would be a disaster)

The interest and enthusiasm for continuing to activate is currently measured only in points, but if we were to lodge a “happiness” indicator with each upload, perhaps we would find that activators are very happy people. But does their happiness correspond to their score? here is where some calculus may be required. Unless dScore/dt is at a satisfactory level, the happiness is depleted. Perhaps it needs a continuous injection of happiness to be maintained.

I will leave the rest of this analysis to others more qualified than I.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

Hi Jürg,
I am always pleased to be able to contact you especially when you do your fast cw!
73 Gordon / Stu
G4FGJ

Yes, this quotient is undouptedly a main criterion. But as it is in the real world, there must be - diplomatically said - a limit between healthy and unhealthy happiness, hi.
That alone is probably harmless unless someone does not exceed the red line “SOTA c’est moi” (implicitly or explicitly proclaimed)?

1 Like

Congratulations Jurg. Always a pleasure to hear your excellent cw on air.
Frank

Hi Juerg,
An excellent job Juerg. Many congratulations. Thanks for all the contacts from my home and S2S. I learn a lot of your operation practice.
Fast and good!!!
Tks,
73 Sake