HB/VS-006 Matterhorn - No activation yet. See why!

I understand this is probably off topic, but I could not resist sharing this link: Matterhorn Climbing Video - Walking on the Razor’s Edge

Matterhorn = Mont Cervin = Monte Cervino

“It is estimated that over 500 alpinists have died on the Matterhorn since the first climb in 1865, making it one of the deadliest peaks in the Alps”

1 Like

Wow! very impressive and scary!
Thanks for posting it here.
I assure you I won’t be the first activator of such summit, not even the second, third, fourth… :wink:
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

It’s been in my mind for some time…
It deserves more points :wink:

1 Like

No it doesn’t.

Just for clarity, points are not awarded because a summit is difficult to climb, or dangerous.

Surely … I added a smile. Sorry if I’m not clear
I look at this mountain by mountaineer, but also I hope to bring with me my 817.

If you activate it Yubi, you will have more than points, you will have the admiration and respect of SOTA activators and chasers.

1 Like

And an enormous pile-up!:grinning:

1 Like

There are Summits that do not make you because of the points. Otherwise I would drive into the DM and would drive with the car 5 pcs 10-point Summits. But I do not know whether the experience is the same high? As if you climb up the Hörnlihütte, get up early in the morning to take on a perennial climbing over thousands of meters in the ice and rock, which have already killed more than 500 people. :slight_smile: Do you come with me?

1 Like

Richard HB9DFL was up there in 2016. He is a member of our local club but unfortunately he’s not interested in SOTA. Here is Richard’s report (in German).

73, Markus HB9BRJ

1 Like