Hamvention and SOTA Reports and Photos

Wow what an amazing day at Hamvention 2019 for SOTA! We had fantastic turnouts at the presentations and meetup. So great to see many SOTA friends as well as plenty of interest from hams who have not yet experienced the fun.

If you have photos to share or comments about today’s events, please post below!

73 and I hope to see everyone again next year,
Keith KR7RK

13 Likes

How appropriate that the SOTA seminar was outside in a tent!

6 Likes

It was SRO for Keith’s presentation at the first-ever Dayton SOTA Forum Saturday morning. Over 100 people!

73 Paula k9ir

5 Likes

From the pictures on FB, it looks like you drew a big crowd, too!

Dave, AE9Q

1 Like

Keith and Paula,
You both did an excellent job of telling the story about SOTA and it was obvious there was a lot of interest. Easily over 100 people were in the tent as I counted that many and more were around the edges occasionally. The group meeting at 1:00 was outstanding and it was so much fun meeting some of these people again or for the first time. Glad the weather turned out well for the whole Hamvention this year too.
Gary A. - W0MNA

1 Like

It was great to meet face-to-face so many ops whom I’ve worked as activators, chasers, or S2S in the past year! Thanks to all who organized the events, and looking forward to the next one.
Scott WB8ICQ

Are the slides posted anywhere?

Regarding the slides being posted - I will try to come up with a way to do so. However, the presentation data file is nearly half a gigabyte in size due to inclusion of lots of pictures and some video. Also, without the accompanying discussion, as well as the audience questions and answers that happened throughout, much of the presentation won’t be as meaningful.

I arrived home from my trip at 1:00 am last night, and had to be back at work in the office at 8:00am this morning. Not sure how soon I will be able to work on this, but I’ll try to figure something out eventually and will let you all know.
Keith KR7RK

We were fortunate to have 2 SOTA presentations at the Hamvention this year.

As Keith noted, he is working on a way to post his presentation slides, which he delivered during the SOTA Forum.

Ward Silver, who organized the Ham Radio 2.0 agenda, will post all those presentations on the HamSci website: http://www.hamsci.org/. This will include my presentation.

73 Paula k9ir

2 Likes