Hamvention 2022 & SOTA

Hamvention is just 4 weeks away! The theme is “Reunion” since it will have been 3 years since we last gathered for the big one in Ohio.
Back in 2020, we had a SOTA forum on the schedule…that was of course canceled, but now that Hamvention is back “live”, I have been asked to return. If you were at the 2019 SOTA Forum, you know that it was a packed room. The Forums Schedule has finally been released on the hamvention.org website, and this year, our SOTA Forum time slot has moved to Friday, May 20, from 3:55pm - 5:00pm.
I’ve been hard at work updating and modifying the presentation and I promise to keep it fun! I’m especially hoping for some audience interaction, which means I surely hope many of you will plan to attend. SOTA has grown considerably and there may be some newcomers in the crowd - it would be so helpful to have some of the seasoned ops there to help.
In the past we also arranged for a short group meetup during the day on Saturday. If anyone else would like to organize this please step in! It was basically just a “drop by the stadium seats between Buildings 2 & 3 at 1:30 pm for an eyeball QSO”, or something like that.
Hamvention is an awesome opportunity to spread the SOTA fun, and I am so excited for this opportunity for a SOTA Reunion - hope to see you there!
Keith KR7RK

5 Likes

Now only 2 weeks away. Who else will be at Hamvention? Hoping to see some SOTA friends there.

Keith KR7RK

Martha - W0ERI and I will be at Hamvention.
Gary - W0MNA

K2JB will be there and K9IR said she would be there.