GW4VPX Allan MG

Well done Allan, a great achievement.
73 Mike

1 Like

Congratulations Allan on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Congratulations Allan, very well done indeed.

Neil

1 Like

Fantastic news Allan!! Well done to you and Val for doing it in style on Skiddaw with 10 points!

You’ve really been dedicated in your walking and radio for the last couple of years.

See you soon hopefully when I’m in South Wales at May Day.
:birthday::tada:

Gerald

2 Likes

Congratulations Allan, welcome to the herd & hope to make many more S2S with you.

Caroline M3ZCB.

1 Like

Wow great achievement. Well done.

Anthony

1 Like

Well done Allan and many thanks for the 53 S2S we’ve had on the way. I have been left breathless by your burst of speed in the last 12 months (472 points) and will be looking over my shoulder soon to see when you overtake. Don’t forget that you must find another excuse for continuing to climb up hills with a vast pack and I suggest aiming for a UHF Goat as you’re on your way with 95 (4th highest in Wales!) Congratulations also to Val and hope we meet again in somewhat warmer circumstances next time (although the views of Nant y Moch reservoir won’t be so good!)

Viki M6BWA

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words here and via text and e-mails.

It’s been a long journey “a tad over 3 years” but a really enjoyable one. I’m not going to name anyone but a big thank you to both activators, joint activators and chasers alike. When I ‘found SOTA’ it enabled me to enjoy amateur radio on the mountains and hills, keep fit in retirement and to meet loads of new friends…long may it continue. Speech over :slight_smile:

Ooops…mustn’t forget to thank Val…she suddenly ‘found the mountains’ and now enjoys every minute of SOTA…I think?

73 Allan GW4VPX

On our way to the summit of Skiddaw G/LD-004 (10 points)…thirsty work in the mist

Skiddaw…the summit

Mountain Goat moment…Rob G4RQJ is my fourth contact…thanks Rob

Job done :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Nice sign-writing Val!

1 Like

Congratulations Allan.
:mountain: :goat:
Thanks for all the contacts on your journey to MG.
Best Wishes
Pete

1 Like

Congratulations Allan and thanks very much for the many contacts along the way. It is always good to hear your dulcet tones.

Nick

1 Like

Congratulations Allan. Great achievement. Looking forward to more S2S
VY 73s Angel

1 Like

Congrats Allan and welcome to the herd from your brother MGs across the pond :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone…Just to let you know that a report of my last four activations is now up on my blog including the important one :slight_smile:

http://gw4vpx.blogspot.co.uk/

73 and thank you once again for all the congratulatory comments.

Allan GW4VPX

5 Likes

Congratulations Alan. It is always good to work you from across the pond. Maybe we can pull off a S2S some day.

73 Rich N4EX

Thank you Rich…always a pleasure to get you in the log. I’ve been neglecting 20m and above lately with the quest for MG…there now so hope we can get back on track and yes, looking forward to an s2s with you.

73, take care on the summits

Allan GW4VPX

Llongyfarchiadau, Allan. Da iawn wir!

Hwyl

Neil

1 Like