GW/NW holiday de Chris M0RSF

Hello all,

I am currently on holiday in Holyhead. I plan to activate something or other while I’m here starting tomorrow with GW/NW-040 Tal-y-Fan. It wont be anything too strenuous as its a family holiday. It will be a 2M FM activations though I do have HF with me so see how it goes. Chasers in GW and surrounding areas very welcome as there may be weekday activations.

View of GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain from where we’re staying.

73 Chris M0RSF

4 Likes

Thanks to those that worked me today while I activated GW/NW-040 Tal-y-Fan.
Twelve QSO’s in the log on 2M FM and some familiar call signs.

73 Chris M0RSF

4 Likes

Chris,

If you’re after a recommendation…

Garn Boduan is a nice family leg stretch, followed by lunch at Ty Coch. All the Llŷn summits are great.

Thanks for the heads up Simon. We’ve been spending time walking the dogs. There is a lovely little dog friendly beach just down the road from where we’re staying. We’re here until Saturday morning so maybe just do GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain now but that may change.

73 Chris M0RSF

Thanks for those that worked me today while I was baking myself on GW/NW-071 Mynydd Bodafon. Only four QSO’s but two Geocache and the Trig Point logged too.

73 Chris M0RSF

3 Likes

Hope you’re enjoying it Chris …I actually spoke to you up on Tal Y Fan but I don’t think you realized it was me any way you were signal 1-2 and audio 3 …73s mate

Hi Chris, you are in a great spot for Sota …Have you done Bodofon it’s a very easy one on Angelsey hope you are enjoying your jolly, All the very best to you and yours.

regards Tony G7OEM

Hello Allen, its ace here on Holy Island, Anglesey. I stayed in Anglesey for a week in 2008 and it rained every day except one. You probably have the same heat wave we have here.

Enjoying getting out and doing some unique summits and using MW0RSF/P and I haven’t got my call sign wrong yet and used M0RSF/P. We have the dogs with us so spending some time on a dog friendly beach down the road.

I didn’t hear you call unfortunately or I would have worked you from Tal-Y-Fan. I have made videos of my activations that I plan to edit and upload when I get home this weekend.

Hope all is well with you and I have one more summit lined up, GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain. I will put an alert on so listen out if you can.

Speak soon

73 Chris M0RSF

Hello Tony, hope all is well. I did Mynydd Bodafon yesterday. Easy walk but baking heat and struggled to get the 4 contacts needed to qualify. I got them eventually though.

I plan to do GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain for SOTA and I believe it lies in the activation zone for GWFF-0078 South Stack RSPB for Worldwide Flora & Fauna so may try 20M. That should raise some interest.

73 Chris M0RSF

1 Like

Many thanks for the four GW stations that worked me today while I activated GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain. The views were excellent when I first arrived at the summit then with 10 minutes I couldn’t see a thing. The wind mate it difficult to control my SB270 yagi. I did hear Matt G8XYJ/P on G/LD-050 Gummers How but I couldn’t persuade my yagi to stay pointed in that direction. Would have been a nice S2S QSO, apologies Matt, maybe next time. I should have just used my Yaesu FT-70 handheld as I’m sure I could have qualified the summit with that.
Holyhead Mountain looks huge but its actually a very easy walk apart from some overgrown paths where my legs got ripped to shreds as I was wearing shorts!

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

Back home in Yorkshire to much cooler temperatures and rain. At least I should be able to sleep tonight. Couple of videos…

GW/NW-071 Mynydd Bodafon

GW/NW-069 Holyhead Mountain

GW/NW-040 Tal-y-Fan

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes