GW/MW-006 by GW4VPX

Hi everyone…thanks for all the contacts on Sunday whilst I was on Pegwn Mawr GW/MW-006. Wet and misty but great fun with 50+ contacts and one s2s with Colwyn MM0YCJ/p…thanks Colwyn…see my blog http://gw4vpx.blogspot.co.uk/ 73 Allan GW4VPX

Happy under the brolly

Ghostly wind turbines behind me

Busy on 40m today

7 Likes

Sorry to have missed you Allan but I was out all day on Sunday. I’m planning to do that one before the new year, That’s a tidy little log book you’ve got. Is it a commercially available one? 73 John

Hi John

No probs regarding Sunday. I’m hoping to get out a few more times before the New Year but this weather is putting a damper on the activations…wind and rain here as I write this. I carry two log books with me…one ‘Rite in the Rain’ No373 and a cheapo Tesco A6 Notebook…one for wet and one for dry :smile: Hope to catch you s2s soon. 73 Allan

Hi Allan

I use exactly the same.
One rite in the rain for the wet and one cheap for the dry weather.

Yesterday I used the “dry wx notebook” in CT/BB-007 but 2 weeks ago I used the “wet wx notebook” in CT/BL-002.

Both ride in my backpack and I’m happy with it.

73 de Pedro

1 Like

Thanks Allan. The 373 isn’t the easiest to find over here on the internet. There’s a MX version which is wider. Still, I think I’ll try one. I’m getting fed up deciphering blue-stained papier mache when I get home from an activation!. Cefn yr Ystrad and Mynydd Carn y Cefn tomorrow I hope. 73 John

Hi John

I use the Rite in the Rain notebook top spiral bound (3x4.5 in) which seems perfect for SOTA use when wx is wet.

Small and cheap, it’s always in my backpack.

73 de Pedro

1 Like

As they say, “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate logging material…” :wink:

5 Likes