Guru EA2IF Memorial Palm Key Winner announced

We announced we would hold a free to enter raffle where there was a chance you could win Guru’s Palm Paddle. Memorial for EA2IF (SK)

Today, I ran the code to generate the tickets for the entrants and then used some robustly validated independent random numbers (NS&I bond winners Mar 2023).

Each summit activated between March 11th 2022 and March 11th 2023 with at least 4 CW QSOs and scoring activator points was valid and for every 5 of these activations you got one raffle ticket. The maximum number of tickets you could get was limited to 10.

A total of 614 different activators received raffle tickets and 2740 raffle tickets were awarded.

The winner was holder of ticket number 0870 and that was Jess Troyer AF7QD.

If Jess would like to confirm his address with the MT (PM or email or contact form), we’ll get your prize posted to you.

35 Likes

Thanks for the info Andy and congratulations to Jess @AF7QD on the win! I was very successful in the March 2023 NS&I Premium Bond draw with several wins, but no luck with the special EA2IF Palm Paddle. What a great idea the raffle, and also the EG series GURU callsigns - many rare and unique Spanish summits activated by Guru’s friends over recent weeks. Guru is not forgotten.

73 Phil G4OBK

12 Likes

Congratulations Jess,
Andy I like your photo, you are very pretty :rofl: :rofl:
73 José

9 Likes

Wow!

Thanks, everyone I am honored to win such a cool prize! This will be used on many more summits!!

So stoked!

-Jess

25 Likes

Congratulations Jeff,

I’m very happy to know you’ll keep it alive.
I see you started doing CW for SOTA and sure you’ll progress and make a good use of this key.

73 and looking forward a S2S with you!
73 Ignacio

12 Likes

Jess @AF7QD , we asked you to confirm your address with the MT (either by PM, email or the contact form) because we need to know where to send your prize. We’re good BUT WE ARE NOT PSYCHIC !

Can you do this ASAP please?

2 Likes

I sent it twice in an email. I just messaged you. Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Congrats Jess!

Kent K9EZ

2 Likes