Gun SP-013

Despite showers - heavy at times - I had a most successful outing. 12 contacts in about 30 minutes down to the Midlands and across to Lincolnshire, all on 50MHz SSB. No DX and just one gottaway (G6LKB). Would easily have made it on CW of course.

I suspect that the recent SpE has led to people checking the band and they seemed happy to have a chat. Thanks to all the Chasers who called (quite a few!).

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

A grand job Richard, nice to see somebody experimenting. The spot helped no doubt with the chasers, but still, very interesting.

73 Mike

In reply to G3CWI:

Photo of antenna on Flickr now.

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to G3CWI:

Photo of antenna on Flickr now.

…Just the one though!!

73 Mike

In reply to G3CWI:
Hi Richard you were just barely audible here in Ulverston and I was not sure that you had returned my call.100W to a dipole.
Will have to learn that CW I guess ! -.-

In reply to G3CWI:

I have been asked the dimensions. The loop is 1 wavelength round (mine measures 610cm) and the stub is a quarterwave of RG59 (93cm). The feedpoint is in the middle of the bottom side of the triangle. Not much more to it really. The matching system provides a near perfect match from 50-51MHz.

Not rocket science.

Richard

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Something like this I think.
http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=13156
But feed mid of bottom side of triangle.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G3CWI:

Looks like a decent antenna for a loft… perhaps a pair crossed to provide greater coverage.

73, Gerald