Greece SV3

From 28.8.2020 I will be active from SV3 for 8 days. I will be active with 80 watts on 40 and 20m from the summits daily. I hope to reach many stations.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

good luck with your planned activations and enjoy your holidays!

73 Lutz

Yikes!

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2020/august/german-radio-amateur-falsely-accused-in-greece.htm#.X0BFUuplBdY

Deja Vu. Something similar happened to DJ6SI during a DXpedition in 2012 in Greece.

@DJ2TG If your paperwork is in order everything should be fine. Have fun!

“The court wondered what kind of vacation this was, but considered that there was not enough evidence for the nature of the offense.”

My wife asks the same questions!

Might be worth trying to find and print out an official copy of CEPT T/R 61-01 translated into Greek? (Also, of course, finding out what the local licence permits and forbids…)

IIRC, others who’ve had similar issues in Greece include plane-spotters with airband scanners, though I don’t remember whether the chief trigger was their being too close to an airport (or military airbase) or their having the radio equipment.

A few thousand Euros in small domination used bills to pay off the local officers?

For this to happen once is unfortunate. To happen twice says something is very wrong. This tells me that only a fool would now take a radio to Greece.

Might be worth trying to find and print out an official copy of CEPT T/R 61-01 translated into Greek?

It would be nice if a greek OM could provide us with a link.

73 de Martin / HB9GVW

Hello

Thanks for the information. That doesn’t make me happy just before departure. We are far from the Turkish border. The page below clearly says this shouldn’t be a problem. I already had a problem with the military in North Macedonia, when we set up close to a military station, near the border with Kosovo. This is not what i need.