Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

GPX files and more

The summit sites present many a good track for GPS devices.

What if there is none?

A very useful and comfortable tool

• to mark out a track on a map

• to generate the GPX (KML) file of the track

• to show an elevating profile (altitude, distance, overall duration) of the track (printable)

• to print a map with the track on it

can be found there: https://www.outdooractive.com/de/routeplanner/

73, Alfred, OE5AKM

HI Alfred

You can also create tracks within the SMP itself using the DRAW TRACK choice in the SMP tracks page. It works well and the track can be saved as a draft (public viewing) and then replaced with your walked track when you have completed the activation. I favour the OT Maps in the SMP.

73 Phil G4OBK

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your tips but somehow I am unable to log in to SMP (as well as SOTAwatch3) and without access I cannot draw tracks in SMP.

(System says “Invalid username or password” but I am sure both of them are correct.)

73, Alfred, OE5AKM

For first activation and unknown terrain I use https://opoto.github.io/wtracks/ up right on site you can change maps… make the path and save to gps device …
clik on distance - elevation graf etc…

Ivica / 9a6cw

Hi Alfred, do you realise that the new systems that will eventually come under a single sign on system, (SW3, SMP, new DB GUI, SOTA public website etc) use a different account to that on other web servers such as this reflector. Did you set up a new account on a system on the sota.org.uk domain yet?

73 Ed.

Well, login is no problem at all to SOTA Home, SOTAwatch2 and SOTA Reflector but it is impossible to Database, SOTAwatch3 and SOTA Mapping.

I have to admit that I have been banned in the past. Maybe this causes the problem…

73, Alfred, OE5AKM

I’ll reset those accounts when I get back to VK in about 20 hours

No, you asked us to remove your accounts. There’s a difference.

I asked the MT to delete my account completely. Completely means to me: The system doesn´t know me, I can return whenever I want.

Well, I do not want to warm up this old story. I´ll try again within the next days. Thanks in advance.

73, Alfred, OE5AKM