GPS Tracks

Yes, I suppose you often wonder if anybody does ! Very much appreciated Rob.

Jonathan

Very interesting thread! I didnā€™t realise or notice there are gpx routes on the mapping site or that you can upload them. I always have my garmin with me so I will make a point of recording and saving mine.

On the software front, memory map is good, I have several of the dvds. But since my new hard drive install a few years ago I havenā€™t put it back on.

I tend to use the free garmin base camp now. You can use the freely available route able maps from the .nl site and it works with both my garmin gps and satnav.
Another good this is the mapping is world wide so the information and techniques can be shared to all of us worldwide.

I use Oruxmaps on my Samsung Active smartphone. I downloaded Oruxmaps desktop for Windows (totally free), loaded my 1:50000 collar cropped topographic maps, calibrated and converted them to SQlite files for Oruxmaps Android. Runs offline, seamless continuation from map to map, tracks, routes, waypoints, photo waypoints, finger zooming, live sharing, geocaching, stats, navigation, overlays, multi profiles, display setup options, dashboard and it has better tracks than the Garmin. My phone has a GPS fix within one minute in flight mode.