Google Maps...

Have Google Maps changed their layout? I can’t seem to get the Peg Man to work for street view anymore.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:
Hello Mike, works here but I live on a small hill. I suspect many Google peg men have drowned when they have been dunked into this soaked country :wink:
Mike G6TUH

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Works for me Mike. http://maps.google.com and from there dragged a streetview man onto the map, the blue lines appeared, let go and streetveiw appeared. This was Win7 Enterprise 64, FF26. Worked FB whether I joined the internet in Edinburgh, Munich or Zurich.

I’m suprised you need a map to get to Shining Tor/Cloud/Gun nowadays! :slight_smile:

However, there was a box saying try the new Google Maps but it disappeared before I could try it. :frowning:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks guys. I’m geting a totally different view. The legends are now in the bottom right as opposed to the top left.

Maybe it’s just an age thing :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike,

If you’ve ended up with the new Google maps there’s no “peg man” visible…

You need to click the map, top left a box will appear with your clicked selection with an option for Street View (nearest one it has). I’ve screen shot’d here: https://twitter.com/m0scu/status/434335427059654656/photo/1

Stew M0SCU

In reply to MM0FMF:
It works with the new Google maps as well, but you also have street view images in addition. There is an optional panel along the bottom of the screen with lots of street view images. If you hover over these a line appears connecting the image to its location on the map and if you click that small image you get either a larger photo or you are taken into street view at that location. If the image was from a street you are straight into street view but if the image was taken from somewhere the Google Car couldn’t go then you get a photo or a sequence of photos and a small popup box appears bottom left with peg man on a map section, which you can click to get into street view nearby. Took me a while to get used to these new maps and sometime I still have to drop back to the old maps, but I definitely like the new maps.
Jim G0CQK

In reply to M0SCU:
Peg man is there in my new google maps - bottom right just to the right of the question mark and the cog wheel icon.
Jim G0CQK

In reply to G0CQK:

I should open my eyes wider :slight_smile: