Google GM & Map symbols

I am just planning our next GM trip and I find that the SOTA links to Google Maps on the North Scotland hills all drop me in the middle of Loch Tay. ???

Using Memory-Map I see a number of green symbols consisting of a green circle with a line coming off it. There is no mention of this symbol in the key or on the OS website’s key. It appears to match up with the end of the metallised road, but I have never seen it before. Any one know what it is?

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

It’s a known issue with Google Maps. There’s a fix but I haven’t suggested the change to our SOTA web dudes yet as they have more pressing issues now :slight_smile:

ISTR you have a copy of Memory Map so why don’t you download the overlays for MM that identify all the UK Marilyns. Much easier than Google Maps as you can then use MM to give you some time estimates for the ascent and descent aswell.

Not sure of the Multimap issue you mention. Have you got a link so I can see the effect?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to GW7AAV:

ISTR you have a copy of Memory Map so why don’t you download the
overlays for MM that identify all the UK Marilyns.

I have that installed ;0)

Have you got a link so I can see the effect?

Not an effect, just symbols on the Memory Maps. My mistake I said multi-map.

In reply to GW7AAV:

I am just planning our next GM trip and I find that the SOTA links to
Google Maps on the North Scotland hills all drop me in the middle of
Loch Tay. ???

Curses!
Steve has just uncovered our secret plot to keep the NS hills for ourselves!

Barry

In reply to GM4TOE:
The NS hills need to see some more activations, hopefully ill get a few more done in the coming months!

Adrian
2M0ETR