Going /mm from Heysham

Tomorrow I am sailing from Heysham to IoM around 14:15 and hoping to operate /mm (once given the nod by the captain) If anyone on that side of the coast is listening on 2m I will be calling CQ.

Cheers
John
M0VAZ

2 Likes

I’m sure you know this, but it must be in writing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder.

It always amuses me. You need permission from the captain to use your amateur radio gear but not your radio based mobile phone :wink:

1 Like

You need permission from Ofcom to use your amateur radio gear but not your mobile phone.

1 Like

When I saw the title I thought you were moving up to the higher microwave bands… :wink:
Alas, it’s Maritime Mobile you are planning.

Stuart
G1ZAR/P

1 Like

The only microwave gear I have goes ping!

3 Likes

Hi John,
I am just back from the activation of the 5 summits on IOM. If you want any info please drop me an E mail. I recommend the bar on the vessel for seats, it is quieter than the lounges.

Snaefell GD/GD001

Regards
David
G0EVV
g0evv@hotmail.co.uk

3 Likes

Diff you take your car? Or hire a car? Or use public transport?

Took car

1 Like

Thanks for the offer of info. I won’t be activating as I dont think I will have time. Sail tomorrow afternoon and then Friday and Saturday motorsport and sail back sunday!

1 Like

Enjoy, we had a week in Port Ellen. Good, accommodation, wx, food, wine, activations, nice people, lots to see.
David
G0EVV

1 Like

I didnt get to operate as I forgot to take the radio out of my bag! Sorry if people listened out for me.

Seems I have time to get up snaefell. Will post a spot for 2m

Bit like GM/SS-272 and G/SE-004.

1 Like