GM4BML is going paddle boarding again!

I’ve just noticed an alert: GM4BML/P on GM/SI-203 on Tuesday at 12 noon so it looks as if Ben is having a crack at the last unactivated Outer Hebrides summit. As I have alerted at 1300 on that day for the mighty summit of GW/NW-042 Moel y Gamelin I hope he hangs around for the 2m fm S2S :smirk_cat: :wink:. We obviously both think that the storms will have passed over by then and we will have sunny calm condtions :face_with_diagonal_mouth: . Not sure what else he is planning (apart from a meet-up with a bottle of malt/champagne* (delete as appropriate)) but we (with M0JLA) also hope to be visiting 043 on Tuesday and then, possibly, 2 more nearby summits on Wednesday (contacts needed I sometimes struggle on 2m fm) and then, if legs permit, Foel Fenlli and Moel Famau (GW/NW-044 and GW/NW-051) on Thursday before swimming back home.
Let’s hope the weather stays fine for all of us! Good luck Ben.
73 Viki

7 Likes

There was an earthquake up there yesterday. Ben had better be quick before the summit is re-surveyed. :slight_smile:

BBC News - ‘Loud rumbling sound’ as earthquake hits Highlands

3 Likes

Hi Viki,
I’ve alerted for a couple of hills on Monday (GM/SS-148, Meikle says law) and Wednesday (GM/SS-145, Penvalla). Hope to catch you on Wednesday if the conditions allow.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

Hi Andy
I think it unlikely we will be able to have a S2S from GW/NW to Penvalla on Wednesday but it is always worth listening out. Hope the weather is kind to you. We have our fingers crossed that we can even reach them because of possible flooding.
Viki M6BWA

1 Like

I’ll be listening Viki. I should get those summits ok. Hope to speak to you.

1 Like

Hi Viki,
I managed a 2m s2s from GM/SS-029 to GW/NW-042 back in June so I 'm always hopeful it will work again, although conditions were exceptional that week.
Andy
MM7MOX

2 Likes

I’m just back from a very soggy trudge through boggy heather in cloud to get to Meikle says law (GM/SS-148). I got 4 qso’s on 2m but not much further than West lothian and Edinburgh. 40m was good for Cornwall to John o’Groats but 15m was swamped by qrm, I suspect from the wind turbines that I could hear but not see.
Andy
MM7MOX

3 Likes

Its a pile up now for GM4BML on GM/SI-203 @ 7.092mhz

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations @GW4BML on your 2nd Mountain Goat.

73, Robert

3 Likes

Many Congratulations Ben on your Second Mountain Goat. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like

Indeed, well done Ben.

1 Like

Well Done Ben - on three counts!

Firstly getting your second MG
Secondly getting to a remote island off a remote island and climbing a hill in a gale and finally …
For coping with the pile up and some stations that were erm… not very good at listening…

Hope you enjoyed it - I quite fancy turning some of your activations into completes but that one might be too difficult…

PS If you get very bored you could always do the second ascent of Beinn Mhor (GM/SI-049) so I get the complete the easy way… Have. good Xmas to you and the family.

1. Paul
1 Like

Blimy. I’m slowly working my way to my first MG and Ben’s lapped me again for his second.

1 Like