GM - your top tips please

Hi Tom,
If you want WiFi and a pub, try staying in the Tushilaw Inn located in the upper Ettrick valley. It is surrounded with GM/SS’s. Rab is “mine host”, prices were very reasonable when I stayed there a couple of years ago. Food was simple but adequate. The bar opens when you arrive and closes after you retire. Several other Sota chases have also stayed there.

Regards
David

2 Likes

I can endorse the quality of the stay, and prices seemed OK we we stayed there last September

1 Like

Yeah it looks a great place. Just waiting now to see how Covid measures are in GM in another month.

Hi Barry
We nearly met there then. I think our cars must have passed - you departing and us on our way past, going to Cacra Hill, I think. We had a good meal there on our previous visit - a very pleasant spot and well recommended unless things have changed.
Rod

You might consider trying taking it at a different time of day to see whether that helps, or indeed taking half at breakfast and half before you go to bed… I am fortunate in that I can take all my meds with my breakfast and then I can get on with my day. I was originally prescribed 3.75mg of Bisoprolol which had the room spinning every time I stood up. My GP reluctantly lowered it to 2.5mg, but following consultation with the practice pharmacist, it was lowered again to 1.25mg. Even now I have to be very careful if I bend down to do something!

It is only when someone mentions my health do I actually think about it, indeed when a neighbour recently asked how my ticker was, I was quite put out for a moment. I am exceptionally fortunate that the heart attack did minimal damage to my heart and now I am both stented and bypassed, all is okay. I give SOTA much of the credit for my fitness prior to the event which helped with my recovery. I hope that your level of fitness helps you with your situation Phil.

Thanks for the tips Gerald. I am also on Bisoprolol and doubling the dose last week on the written advice of a heart nurse from 5 to 10 mg was the the likely cause to make me collapse in the middle of the day this week after getting up of the sofa in the holiday cottage where we are staying. I blacked out for long enough to fall over. Luckily I didn’t bang my head!

Before I went out today to activate GW/MW-020 I cut one of the 5 mg tabs in two to see how it affects my heart rate, therefore halving my previous dosage.

I’ll think about your findings and reply off reflector when I get back home next week.

73 Phil