GI4ONL hits 5000 Activation points

Congratulations Victor!!
That’s a real effort, and a good rounded figure !
Keep enjoying. GL 73 Ignacio

1 Like

Congratulations Vic! :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:. Fantastic achievement!
73 Fabio

1 Like

Well done Viktor, a fantastic achievement. A lot of hard work - and fun (I hope) during the journey. Here’s to the next 5K!
73 Viki

2 Likes

Congrats Victor!
73 Franz ON9CBQ

1 Like

Hi Victor

Congratulations and many thanks for the many points - chaser and activator points ! Keep going.
73 de Bruno HB9CBR

2 Likes

Congratulation Victor on your achievement. Up to the next milestone!
73, Robert

1 Like

Congrats Victor !

Ante 9A8RA

1 Like

Great achievement, Victor - congratulations! Looking forward to our next contacts.

73, Markus HB9DIZ

1 Like

Fantastic!

'73s

1 Like

Congratulations Victor, Jack gives you a well-deserved 5,000 points as an activator, and we give you 5,000 applause as a hunter.
Elena EA4DOS
Alex EA4DON

2 Likes

Hi everyone,thanks for the kind remarks.

In January 2012 I started participating in SOTA and little did I think then that I would ever achieve the accolade of adding a 5th Mountain Goat to my SOTA portfolio.

It has been a fantastic experience for me, and along the way I have done 947 activations from 706 unique summits in 66 regions of 23 associations in 20 DXCC countries. Thanks to other activators I also have 552 completes, i.e. summits which I have both activated and chased.

I am primarily, (but not exclusively), a CW operator and really enjoy the buzz of a good pile-up, although sometimes in winter activations it can be quite a challenge to send good Morse when wearing thick gloves!

I am now on the wrong side of 70, but hopefully I am not finished with SOTA activations just yet. Unfortunately as the years progress even though the mind is willing, sometimes the flesh is weak :slightly_frowning_face:

I have made many great friends through SOTA and can highly recommend getting involved, either as an activator or chaser or both !

73 Victor, GI4ONL / EI7KP / OK8VM

10 Likes

Always a pleasure to pick up your call.

73 de Robert, DL7URB

2 Likes

Congratulations Victor!
Ken

1 Like

Congratulations Victor.

73’s
David

1 Like

Congratulations Victor, well done! And do not slow down now :wink:

73!
Marcin

2 Likes

5k activation points! That blows my mind. Awesome job. Just looked at the DB. you even got a MG in 2019 on its own!

just wow.

Anthony

1 Like

Hi Anthony, yes 2019 was quite a productive year for me and then in 2020 Covid arrived :face_exhaling:

2 Likes