General Rules 2022

Good to know regarding other sections due for revision, and thanks for additional background on this section. I’ll watch for any future changes, and video will be easy to edit and repost as needed. :grinning:

Thanks again! 73 James WA7JNJ

2 Likes

This is for everyone who is 100% imperial or 100% metric. It’s the perfect storm of measurements/standard nonsense.

I use some 4mm binding posts for my dipoles. You can attach the dipole legs using a banana plug or use a spade or bare wire to the binding post and manual fastener.

Like these:

4mmpost

They’re called 4mm because that is the diameter of the hole. I have some plugs that are 3.7mm nominal but with a stiff spring contact that forces a nice tight fit and good connection. Mainly I use the spade connection. I noticed on my last activation the post turning on the centre plate as the nut had come loose. I’ve just sorted that now and found (wonderfully) that the post is a 4mm binding post, the hole is 4mm but after trying all my small metric spanners that the nuts on the back are imperial 4BA :woozy_face:

Madness.

2 Likes

Thanks for this link. I hope everyone will do the survey and tell them how stupid the idea of going to imperial is like I have just done.

4 Likes

My YL buys her bras measured in centimetres. In the same shop, I look for new trousers and it’s inches.

When buying antenna components, aluminium rods’ and pipes’ diameter is millimetres. In the same shop, copper pipes’ diameter is inches.

That is madness, as I live in a thoroughly metric country. :crazy_face:

Ahoi
Pom

PS: Just discovered this fun fact. The reflector.sota.org.uk semi-auto correct is AE. :wink:

1 Like