Gd-002 today gt7ooo

Hope to be QRV LATER from this one on HF after my walk. Expect abt 16z WX dependent / time may vary.
73 Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:

Additional Information

I have spoken to Phil who is struggling with the Wx and the fact that most roads are closed until 1600 today and tomorrow (Tues/Wed) for TT Race preparation.

He is hoping to activate GD-003 early Thursday morning.

He will tip me off just prior to activating and I will spot.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

From Phil at 1530 UTC

Phil is waiting for the mountain road to be opened to allow access to GD-002, he is first in the queue but they are already 30 minutes after scheduled opening time.

He will commence on 3532-cw, then 5 MHz-ssb and 7032-cw.

He estimates 1700 UTC at the earliest. I will spot just before he commences.

73 Roy

In reply to G4SSH:

Later

Phil in collision with Motor Cycle travelling at speed.

No one injured, hopes to continue.

Will advise

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:
Hope that Phil is ok after the collision.
His signal from GD-002 on 40 was superb, and his cw excellent. Sounds good :slight_smile:
Thanks for spotting, Roy - I was busy on 6 meters, but had a look at the SOTAwatch from time to time.
Regards
Mike

In reply to LA5SAA:

Hi Mike

The motor bike rider lost control on a bend and scraped down the side of Phil’s car. The rider was lucky not to go over the edge of the mountain.

No one injured, just shaken up.

73 Roy

In reply to G4SSH:

That’s a relief! Your initial post made it unclear whether the collision was between the motorbike and Phil’s car or Phil himself. Glad that all have survived without serious injury.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G4SSH:

Very glad to hear that all parties involved are OK.

Thanks for the updates Roy.

Mark G0VOF

Hi All
Tomorrow’s activation of GD-003 will take place late afternoon. Too shattered for a breakfast club operation after 19 mile walk today. Roy G4SSH will alert 3532/5398.5/7032/10118 Khz.
Phil philonhishols G4OBK /GT7OOO/P

TNX to all for todays GD-003 activation - 82 QSOS completed. I hope to make GD-001 again tmw - late afternoon abt 1515z - 1545z if I
finish the walk in time. Will try on 160m 1832 Khz if poss.
73 Phil GT7OOO / G4OBK (ON PDA)