Garmin inReach billing errors

If you use a Garmin inReach (formerly DeLorme) for spotting I suggest you check your invoices carefully. Twice now I have been billed for text messages at the “overage” rate (59p each) even though they fell well within the bundled allowance. They refunded without quibble when I queried the invoice.

They say that this is a known issue which only affects a small number of people and that they hope to have it fixed soon.

Martyn M1MAJ

4 Likes

Yet again Garmin have billed me for inReach text messages which fall within the bundled allowance for my plan (Freedom Recreation). They’re always very nice about it and credit my account when I point out the error, but it is very annoying to have to query nearly every invoice.

Do any other inReach users suffer from this?

Martyn M1MAJ

I have only just collected mine from Blacks this week, but thanks for the warning, will keep an eye on the billing.
Tim
G4YTD

When I was BT customer, my phone/internet bill was wrong every quarter for 6 quarters in a row. Ring up, wait ages for customer service rep, moan and point out errors, get bill amended and some credit because they had made an error. I’m not sure how they could completely snafu themselves every time. Billing is not rocket science. Count up what customer uses, charge them for it. See, simples.

Hi Andy
Could you let me know what info you need to add my In reach to the SOTA SMS spot system please?
Thanks
Tim
G4YTD

What I need is time, time for me to spend on me doing some me-stuff for a change.

No Argument from me on that point.
Have a good rest of weekend.

May I reccomend one of the following:
Glenmorangie 10yr, Tamnavulin 10yr and Cardhu 12yr

1 Like