G7KXV is back!

Today was one of the best SOTA chasing days I have had in a while.
7 summits chased with bands 5, 7, 10, 144 and 145 all used, and ssb, cw and FM the modes. 5 of the 7 were uniques and 40 points the total haul. 3 of the activators were first contacts as well.
However best of all was to hear Ian G7KXV back on the hills accompanied by his new bionic knee.
Welcome back Ian!
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:
Thanks for the welcome back Quentin, it’s great to be back on the hill. A rusty activation but we got there in the end - and good to hear so many familiar voices :))
73 Ian G7KXV

Fantastic to hear you back on the summits Ian. Take it easy & take care.

73 John GW4BVE

Yes Ian, I’m certain many people dropped everything and came on to work you! Good to hear those dulcit tones on air again. Trust your knee held up.

73, Gerald

P.S. sorry couldn’t resist that… blame it on John.

In reply to G4OIG:

Who me? My lips are (not very well) sealed.

In reply to GW4BVE:

Indeed, fantastic to hear you back on the summits again Ian, I hope you haven’t suffered any after-affects after your ascent/descent.

If I don’t catch you beforehand, here’s wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Thanks guys for your good wishes, the ‘new technology’ seems to be working OK so hope to be out and about again soon … got my eye on Birks Fell for the full set again :))

In reply to G7KXV:
I think I can speak for all when I say, We have all missed you Ian and I am
sure we are all pretty relieved that everything has turned out well with the
knee. Sorry I missed your return the other day but hoping to catch you on the
next one!!!

Zo 2E0ZLD

In reply to G7KXV:

Hi Ian
Glad your out and about again, just take it easy.
Catch you on a summit soon.

Cheers Clive M1YAM

In reply to G7KXV:
Welcome back Ian,It was rather cool on NP-031 Yesterday Hi,

73 de Geoff G4CPA.

To Ian & Clive:

Welcome back both of you. Activity levels are bound to go up now! Take it steady and…

A good Christmas to you two and all others,
73, John G4YSS.

In reply to G4YSS and all:
Thanks guys (and Zo) for your good wishes … and a happy christmas to all :slight_smile:

Lets hope this weather holds …

In reply to G7KXV:

What weather? - its -2C wth freezing fog here. Hope the knee is ok Ian - do they do hips as well - think Im ready for one.
Steve G1INK.

In reply to G7KXV:

Little chance it seems Ian. It was minus -7C last night down here and it froze the handbrake on on my car! I gather we are forecast 1C overnight tonight - start of the wet rot so it seems!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Little chance it seems Ian

WX for Friday looks ‘not bad’. A little warmer than late and clear with 90% chance cloud free Munros for the bit of Perthshire I’m looking at. Not sure what but aiming for something out of SS-057 / SS-047 / SS-019 / SS-104 / SS-105 / SS-039.

WX looks pants for Sat/Sun. :frowning:

Andy
MM0FMF