G7CNM/P - no luck

Hi Dave,

I was on Cleeve Hill (G/CE-001) today and looked for you for an S2S QSO on 4m FM from 11:00 until 12:15 UTC, but failed to find you. Sorry about that. I hope you managed to qualify the summit. G3XEV told me he worked you.

I made contacts on 4m FM with 5 other stations, so I did qualify on that band.

Better luck next time.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:
Hi Walt,
Thanks for trying to make the s2s.I was set up on 4m at about 11.15 utc and as soon as I turned on the radio I heard my name mentioned by you in qso with John G3XEV and I heard your numerous attempts to call me, you where a strong signal but sadly the 5w from my handheld wasn’t enough. At least I know the home brew ribbon j-pole recieves well.Thanks to M1CNL Peter,M0TUB Dave,who spotted me and made it possible for me to make 6 contacts on 4m and all the chasers on 2m who made the activation enjoyable.
Best wishes
Dave G7CNM.

In reply to G7CNM:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. Glad you heard me, anyway. I was running 10 watts to a Slim Jim.

Well done on the six 4m contacts. Hope we will make it on another occasion.

Good luck!

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G7CNM:

Dave, I was going to give you a dx contact from Buxton (5km) however, I couldnt find either my J POLE or rubber duck :-( I normally do ok on 4m from Shining Tor as its line of sight to the Bolton area which seems to be a hotbed of 4m activity.