G4OBK - successfully completing G completes!

Completes G WHOW!
Concratulations Phil!
Well done,

Sake PA0SKP

Nice to work you from EA1/CT-049 today, but even for one from Bilbao there were too much snow and too few degrees! :wink:
Congratulations!
Perhaps you must start now with Basque Mountains, ok?

For Andy and Pete - Train spotting always had more appeal to me than bus spotting, although I admit to being one of those who clicked the link to obtain more information… I can admit to being a bit of an old bus fan though when I was travelling with my XYL Judy and Geoff 2E0NON in June 2010. We were travelling from Blackburn to Windermere with The Wainwright Society to celebrate the 80th anniversary of A Wainwrights Lake District awakening in June 1930 when AW walked up Orrest Head, the most famous and outstanding of fells to be later termed, The Outlying Fells. We took this immaculate Ribble double decker to Preston from Blackburn:

Then we alighted and got on this single decker North Western Bus which took us from Preston to Windermere Station, calling at the classic Midland Hotel in Morecambe en route for refreshments:

We were all dressed in 1930s style period gear, I had my Harris Tweed jacket on of course, the sort which AW used to wear when walking in the Lake District.

For Sake - Netherlands via the Hull - Zeebrugge Ferry is on my list!

Mikel - You send lovely CW and get out with big signals to the UK always. Yes - a visit to the Basque Country is on the list. I like seeing the lovely flag being waved when I am watching the Tour de France every year on TV. I have worked you on 33 summits in your region. You are a VERY active participant in SOTA for sure. Maybe we will meet up one day, that would be fine business!

73 Phil

3 Likes

Looks like a Leyland Titan and Leyland Tiger Cub.

Oh dear that’s very sad, I’ll get my coat. :blush:

Coming from Leyland itself, and spending my formulative years living with mum and dad in a terraced house behind the machine shop I ought to know that Andy!

That machine shop was very handy for me - climbable via drain pipes on to the 60 feet high apex roof which was ideal for supporting my 100+ foot long stealthy long wire which I used to listen in to radio hams and pirate radio stations on my CR100 in the late 60s / early 70s. Happy days…

73 Phil

1 Like