G4MWA/P LD Trip

Hi all,

I would like to thank all those who contacted me on my recent LD holiday. The following summits were activated as family expeditions:
8 July, LD-022 (Seat Sandal)
9 July, LD-047 (Loughrigg Fell)
11 July, LD-020 (Dale Head)
12 July, LD-013 (Coniston Old Man)
13 July, LD-003 (Helvellyn)

I’m very happy to have been able to do so many summits, despite the ‘mixed’ weather conditions. As always, the experience was made even more pleasurable by the many friendly chasers who called me. It was great to contact both the ‘regulars’ and those who I worked for the first time. Apologies to those who called and didn’t get through - on a couple of summits my time was limited as I don’t like to keep my children sitting around too long in bad weather.

Hope to work you all again soon!

73, Fred
GI4MWA

In reply to GI4MWA:

Hi Fred

Glad you had a safe trip back home. As always it was a real pleasure to hear you from the lake district, I hope the changeable weather didn’t spoil your holiday too much. Hope to hear you next time or maybe from GI.

vy 73 to you & yours

Mike GW0DSP

Hi Fred

Glad you enjoyed your Lake District trip and it was a pleasure to work you. Infact your activation on the Old Man of Coniston on Saturday 12th July 2008 inspired me to activate it for the first time, the following day on the Sunday with 39 contacts.

Many thanks and I look forward to working you on your next trip to the lakes.

Ian 2E0EDX

In reply to M3EDX:

Hi Ian,

I’m very pleased to have inspired your first activation of Coniston Old Man! It’s certainly an enjoyable summit to play radio from.

Best 73,
Fred
GI4MWA