G/sp-001

I hope to be able to activate Kinder Scout (actually from Kinder Low), G/SP-001, between 21st and 23rd October. I am intending to use hf (80M, 40M and 20M) with a stepped dipole. Is anyone aware of any current restrictions affecting deployment of such antennas?

Many thanks in advance

Dave, G6DTN

In reply to M0DFA:

No restrictions as such, it all depends if youre visited by a Peak Park Ranger or not. If you are, some are ok (in fact some are hams) and some are a bit over zealous to say the least. In the small print it says nobody is allowed to erect a "structure" on peak park land without their permission - it just depends how you determine what is a structure & what isnt. If you wish to avoid problems then don`t activate from Kinder Low as this is where walkers & rangers tend to congregate. I normally operate to the East of the trig near Pym Chair.

I remember years ago when G0OXV & G0MJG activated Kinder. They were getting the gear out of the car at Barber Booth car park when a Ranger shouted “I hope you`re not thinking of doing radio up there” !!!

In reply to G1INK:

I remember years ago when G0OXV & G0MJG activated Kinder. They
were getting the gear out of the car at Barber Booth car park when a
Ranger shouted “I hope you`re not thinking of doing radio up
there” !!!

The trick is to arrive early and leave early before they can get their boots on!