G/SB Walks WB 11th August

Hi All

May sound like a strange request but I have been given a week away on my own :slight_smile:
Anyway I am returning to Haltwhistle and plan to fill most of my week with some SOTA activation’s.

Last year I only managed to squeeze in 1 summit with was Cold Fell. Being used to some rather tame WB summits it was an eye opener, on my own and with equipment failures. Anyway I completed it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am planning to fit in the following summits during my 5 days weather allowing. Peel Fell, The Cheviot, Shillhope Law and Sighty Crag.
I wonder if there is anyone in the local area who are open to activating these as a group, Whilst I don’t mind doing it on my own it does mean I can only
really take a small amount of a equipment and you do find yourself talking to yourself after a while.

Hopefully this may kick me to get back into radio once again

Dan
M0MST

In reply to 2E0SOA:

Dan, I can’t help with a joint activation, but if you haven’t already checked out Jim G0CQK’s website then look here:

I did Peel Fell a few months back using Jim’s “Border Fence Route” and it was a great walk. I was in the mist at the top and the top is a massive bog. However, the approach is fine. Part of the walk through the forest is exceptional. I really enjoyed this walk and picking up a random 12m QSO to VK5CZ was the icing on the cake. It’s not at all hard.

I did The Cheviot a good few years back. Again Jim’s site gave all the details needed. The Cheviot has a few places which can be utter big-fests but it’s been quite dry this summer so it shouldn’t be too bad. It was blowing a serious hoolie when I was there so I didn’t get to appreciate the top.

Best of luck with Sighty Crag, it’s a bit of a trudge and so is not on the air too often.

Andy
MM0FMF