G/SB-009

Very sorry to hear that Tom, best wishes to you and the family for a quick and complete recovery

73 de Paul G4MD

1 Like

Erf. :frowning:

Best wishes to all of you for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Wishing you and all the family a speedy and problem free recovery.

73 Allan

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Tom, get well soon. Thankfully well enough here to get up another SB Summit G/SB-006 which is a short and steep walk. My son Matthew has his driving test in two weeks, so he volunteered to drive which from Bamburgh seemed to involve a lot of narrow roads with corners, so absolutely no problems now with gear changes and sudden bends!

The summit was cold and windy,so I knew that time would be limited so went for 40m. I usually start by finding a frequency and switching to AM to check the SWR before turning the amplifier on. Today’s deliberate mistake was selecting USB and wondering why no-one was coming back. Thanks to whoever pointed it outside after selecting the correct side band things improved a lot. 40 was on good from with lots of short skip as well as into Europe.

Missing item choose from:- the shelter which I unwisely decided wouldn’t be needed, or the walking poles in the other car, or Woody’s Bark - he was too busy eating.
Bonus item - probably the 1l of water carried to the summit - which would have been brilliant on a hot summers day but really was not needed.

Here’s hoping The Cloud has its usual visitor back soon.

Paul

1 Like

I feel sorry for the driving instructors as the winter comes on. The waiting rooms are all currently closed due to Covid-19, the car goes out for the driving test with the examiner so its 40 mins for the instructors out in the cold… Best of luck for your lad with his test Paul.

Sorry I missed you as was out all day. There couldn’t have been any serious firing by the brown jobs on the range up there today. We were shell shocked after my activation there some years ago - on our way back down when an enormous bang went off somewhere above our heads it seemed. Never heard as loud a bang, not sure what they fired - couldn’t see a thing due to mist and snow at the time…

Quite a nice day today in North Yorkshire but going back to what we had yesterday tomorrow…

73 Phil