G/SB-001 Activation

CQ

Today Dave G3TQQ/P and I (G4OOE/P) were on G/SB-001 The Cheviot between 1152 - 1222z today, 18th April 2019. Not G/SB-002 as I incorrectly spotted. Thanks for the correction Phil G4OBK and apologies for any confusion.

A brilliant day spent activating G/SB-001 and G/SB-009. Apart from all the qsos the highlight for me was seeing a dog who had dived into Dave’s bag and was seen a few moments later running off with his pork pie! In fairness the dog’s owner later arrived on the scene and was full of remorse on behalf of the dog and donated one of her sandwiches to Dave. After devouring the pie the dog came back to us tail wagging looking for more.

Nick

4 Likes

Yes, Hedgehope is now G/HSB-007 and in my opinion a far more pleasant summit… and perhaps without any dogs that might steal your lunch. :grinning:

Lost my lunch on a trip to VK2/NW-001 last week to the fella on the right of the photo. It was only an apple though, I would have fought a bit harder for a pork pie!

Miss the Cheviots, I used to have a clear view to them from my bedroom window when I was a kid!

David, VK2NU

Oh what a beggar Dave… you lost your pie

Yorkshire made Pork Pies (Was it from Hann’s butchers in Pickering? The best in our town I think) are simply the best and can be smelt for 100s of metres distant even when in the rucksack. I can understand Fido wanting it. Sounds like it has done this trick before!

Thanks to you both for the QSOs yesterday on 2m FM (163/159 Kms path) fine business!

73 Phil

1 Like

Nice pic David. Not many of those fellas around here!

73 Phil

Given Northumberland was the scene of the crime it might well have been one of these delicious pies from Eyemouth.

Paul

G4OOE/P on L and pieless G3TQQ/P on R

Yes Phil, it was a Hann’s pie from Pickering simply the best !

The sandwich that I was given to compensate for my sad loss in no way made up for it but was better for my figure.
In all a brilliant day out !

Dave G3TQQ