G/LD-057 - Swinside - Local Chaser Assistance Appreciated

On Friday afternoon (approx 15:30/15:45), I will be attempting to activate (and if hopefully qualify) G/LD-057 - Swinside.

Gerald in his recent post outlined the restrictions (Access by Prior arrangement only/no poles/masts etc) and challenges (limited time/poor VHF location) associated with this summit.

I am keen to activate it this month, as the next opportunity will be in 6 months only.

Dave (G6AEK) has kindly volunteered to drive up to a high point.
Neil (@G0WPO) will be on Skiddaw that day and may still be on the summit time/wx permitting
Sue (@G1OHH) will kindly keep an ear out around that time.

If there are any chasers in the vicinity or mobile, with a path to Swinside and who can hear me on Friday afternoon (Sep 23, 2022 around 15:30/15:45), I would appreciate a QSO.

Equipment will be basic due to restrictions (5W HH 2m FM with telescopic whip RH770/RH205)

Fingers crossed & thanks in advance.

73, Robert

4 Likes

Good luck Robert!

4 Likes

I will be in Keswick in time for your activation Robert. ( Good Luck ) :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Derek, Many thanks! :grinning: Hope to speak to you tomorrow afternoon. :+1:
73, Robert

2 Likes

Still overwhelmed with the kind support of follow SOTA operators who went /P /M or listened out for me from the home QTH helping me to successfully activate & qualify G/LD-057 Swinside.

Report to follow on Monday when I am back home.

What a special community we have; thanks again for the unreal support. :+1:
73, Robert

6 Likes

I saw your spot earlier and was wondering how you’d got on. Glad it was a successful activation.

3 Likes

I’ll echo that! Glad it worked out for you!

3 Likes

Nice to catch you on Swinside Robert, and Watch Hill on the way home .
Richard.

2 Likes